Chapter Sixteen

Well, I'm hoping that this is a good chapter, bit of a transition chapter I think, but still everrything counts. Man, Aiden is annoying. Well, he's himself I suppose. Anyways, don't forget to vote and comment, thank you for all the support! Enjoy!

*EDITED*

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Finn’s PoV

                            “What do you mean?” Of course Aiden killed our parents! I mean, he wasn’t holding the gun himself, but he went to the SPA!

                            “I mean, he didn’t do it,” Eva replied, looking slightly confused herself.

Well, who else could have done it?

My parents had been involved in the Rebellion from the beginning – that’s how I had such a close relationship with my Uncle Damien; he was a supporter of the Rebellion too. Aiden had been sixteen at the time – and he had never liked what our parents were doing. Thought it would ‘destroy any career opportunities’ for him if the SPA found out. So he narked, and then our parents were arrested. I never saw them again. Neither Aiden or I were taken into custody, it was understood that Uncle Damien would become our guardian.

Well, Aiden left home, and I never heard from him again. I didn’t want to, either. When Uncle Damien was forced to disappear into his own underground networks, I had had a choice: Go with him, or join the Rebellion.

I chose the Rebellion, and that’s when everything took a turn. At first it seemed good, and I was learning the skills of a soldier. Then Eva was brought in, her town had been destroyed in a bomb raid, and she, along with the other inhabitants of the town had been forced into slavery. Fortunately for her, she had been “bought” by one of our agents, and taken here to the Rebellion encampment.

It was a long time before she actually trusted me with what had happened to her. I first met her at a briefing for all soldiers who were going to begin training. I had been surprised to see a girl among the hordes of young men, but she was utterly determined to contribute to the cause.

                            “I didn’t know girls were allowed to train,” I said to the short, dark-haired girl in front of me. She looked more like a dainty flower, the kind of girl who would be afraid of her own shadow. Once she spoke though, any doubts I had disappeared.

                            “Well, I didn’t know that prejudiced idiots were allowed to train either. Guess this is a real learning curve for the both of us,” She said, smiling innocently, before turning back to the head Trainer, who was giving a boring monologue on safety.

                            “Why are you training to be a soldier, though?” I whispered curiously.

In an instant, she turned around in a whirlwind of long hair that almost whipped me in the face.

                            “Why shouldn’t I?” She countered angrily.

                            “No reason, I was just wondering why you would want to, that’s all,” I said as calmly as I could, trying to control my sudden urge to laugh at this fiery girl so determined to prove her point.

                            “Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean-“she was cut off by an angry shout from the head Trainer – Mr Ross.