1 | (Y/N) ~ Keeping Closed ~

My life is pretty basic, as you would expect, right? I have a mom and a dad who love me dearly, a social life on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat, I go to Seven Lakes high school, and I have average grades in all my classes. I have a crush, although, I don't have any friends.

On the weekends, I just stay at home by myself, going on social media or gaming while my parents are out with their friends doing fun things, like going to watch a football game or going to the spa. I was never open to anyone about anything. I learned to stay low and away from as many people as possible. You never know when someone wants to come in and hurt you.

I was afraid of getting hurt ever since that day. When I was 5 years old, I would always be so shy. When my mom left me at kindergarten, I would always just cry silently. And this wasn't just one or two days, this was everyday—until he came along.

There was this boy in my class that went by the name Alex. He had a group with him that looked pretty tough—tough enough to beat me up, by the looks of it. One day, Alex asked, "Hey, (Y/N), you want to come along and play cars with us?"

Of course, I just stood there looking at the ground. "I don't know..." I mumbled. "C'mon! It'll be fun!" He said as he grabbed my hand, pulling me over to where he was playing. I looked at all the toy cars and trucks. "Okay, I'll be this Mercedes." I said. But when I reached my hand over to grab the toy car, he hit my hand away.

"No! That's my car!" he said. His group looked angry at me. I looked up at them. I knew I was dead in a second. One boy, Jacob, almost slapped me, but my wolf reflexes kicked in and I kicked his wrist really hard. He held it and started crying as my eyes filled up tears. I ran away as fast as I could. That's why I don't ever let anyone in—you never know when someone wants to come in and hurt you.