24

When the boys return home they find me laying in my bed, and they all shoot me worried looks. I wave them away but Namjoon doesn't leave with the rest of them.

He shuts the door and comes to sit next to me as i play with my fingers.

"Let me guess you can smell it even though it was hours ago." He rubs my back and i groan.

"My senses are some of the sharpest, and i can piece together the different scents. The others mostly ignore things that are faded." I nod, only half understanding but pretending i get it.

"My guess is Jungkook made a move and for whatever reason you're confused." I look up at him shyly and he smiles.

"It's weird. We barely even talk but-"

"But every time you see or even think about him you get all weird?" I nod and look at him more closely. He seems like he understands more than he's letting on.

"You have a connection Mari. it happens with hybrids. It's a bit like that whole imprinting thing in that vampire movie."

"You mean he's my soul mate?!?" He shakes his head as i pull away and grabs my shoulders, sensing my fear.

"No. You get to choose who you end up with. But you're both just drawn to each other. He's not the only one here with that connection." I look up at him in surprise, and he gives me a grin.

"Tae has the same thing, but his is more like soul mate friendship. You guys are connected and you accepted the bond before we even came into the picture."

"How did i do that? and how do i reject a bond?" He looks around, biting his lip thoughtfully.

"Okay it's hard to explain, but with Jungkook you're just confused right?"

I nod hesitantly and he leans back on his arms and talks slowly, but not without kindness. He gets it and that makes it easier for me to understand.

"Well with Tae you just accepted him for what he is to you. It's all up to your heart. If you keep rejecting the feelings eventually they'll fade. But since you've felt something with him that's different, and vice versa they won't ever really leave." The thought of rejecting the hand on my cheek earlier somehow makes my throat clench.

But then in my mind i see a different hand on my cheek, squeezing harshly as his nails dig into my cheek.

I shudder, and Namjoon watches me with careful eyes.

Namjoon pats my back and heads to the door with a soft smile.

"Mari it will be okay, you don't need to be scared.  You have all of us, for better or worse now. and we won't let anyone hurt you the way you've been hurt before. It might be hard, but i want you to try and trust us."

I smile back at him as the door closes, trying to make sense of everything he said as i wave away my fear as best i can.

He said the feelings had to be mutual....so does that mean Jungkook feels the same way around me?

The thought makes my cheeks warm and i sigh, heading to the door.

The boys are all in Tae's room playing games, and i decide to join them.

We spend hours playing games, and i lay on the bed watching and doing my best to act normal.

But Jungkook's gaze burns into the side of my head every so often, and i can't help but meet it once or twice.

Every time i do his eyes go soft and he gives me a smile, which i return.

When the boys put in a movie we all end up cuddling.

A hand slips into mine and i bite my lip, refusing to look at him.

But somehow i know he's smirking.