Chapter 34 - New Years

1 Month Later

Lauren P.O.V

So I’m back home. After running away (which my parents called it, but to me it was more like taking a break) my mom was really worried about me. She came the evening of my return, over to Megan’s saying how sorry she was and all that stuff.

She started crying and told me she accepted me for whoever I chose to be and love. She just wants her little girl back and to come home, that she was wrong on every level for treating me the way she did.

So I forgive her. If you don’t agree with me then you haven’t been in my shoe. Standing there and seeing you mother cry, the woman that give birth to you, the woman that raised you.

So yeah, my parents were hardly ever around for Jennel and I, always working but that didn’t make them love us any less. When they were home we would have the best of times. So yeah I couldn’t stay mad at my mom.

I didn’t go back home till yesterday, I stayed at Megan’s to help Chace out with the kids since Megan’s hand isn’t out of her cast yet.

But I’m home now and it feels good.

“Hey mommy” I greeted her with a kiss on her cheeks as she prepared breakfast.

“Sweetie I need you to go out and get a few things for the party this evening. Take your sister with you too.” I nodded taking the list from my mom’s hand.

“Jen let’s go!” I shouted up the stairs.

“Where?”

“Mom needs a few things from the supermarket, let’s go” She nodded following me out to my car.

We got in and I started driving. Jennel glance at me.

“What?” I questioned.

“So you know how I told you Camila when on a vacation with Arianna when our break started.”

“Yeah?”

“Mom said they came back yesterday which means she’ll be coming over tonight” She paused. “Are you ready to see her?”

“I have seen her since she rejected my apology Jen but tomorrow is the start of a new year so I’m glad if she’s there. I wanna end this year on a good note.”

“So you’re going to apologize again?”

“I’m gonna try. I did mean things to her and I regret that, we grew up together Jen, I can’t leave it like this and neither should you. She’s your best friend Jen, don’t let me get in the way of that”

“But she hurt you Laur” she agued