NOVEMBER 2, 2010

November 2, 2010
Daily Sagittarius Horoscope
Look how far you have come Sagittarius.
today is a great fay for reflection and spending
time being proud of how well you accomplished
what you desired. Bask in the glory of your
resilience and don't let anybody bring you down.

"...

Like a flower bending in the breeze
Bend with me, sway with ease
When we dance you have a way with me
Stay with me, sway with me.."

"Trey, stop!"

Emma felt his feet grazing her toes as he'd lifted her off the ground and she pressed her forehead to his shoulder to stop her head from spinning. He was chuckling at her weak smile and it rumbled cheekily, airily and not so masculine but more genuine. Without his shirt and dressed only in navy blue pinstripe dress pants that were hanging slack at his waist, Trey was dancing with her that morning. Dean Martin's 'Sway' had come on her Pandora and Trey immediately started mouthing the words casually in the bathroom. Emma had laughed at his hairbrush that doubled as a microphone while she'd been putting the last of her small makeup army away.

She'd done nothing really worth noticing in the cosmetics department. But her skin was much oiler those days and so she had to be careful to add a little powder foundation to her routine with light blush for depth. She had a single line of the blackest eyeliner every on with a few swipes of voluminous mascara and Chapstick. The simplicity but darkness made her eyes seem a little almond shaped. Which she loved.

She had been on the way to her closet when Trey grabbed her hand, cupped it in his, and wrapped an arm around her midriff. Suddenly she was dancing, twisting around the bathroom until he needed more space. She whined cutely, in a mood because she had had heartburn that morning. His good vibe was infectious and before she knew it, without her consent, she was dancing too, rubbing her hips against his and beckoning him to 'sway with her' as well. Their legs tangled and Trey practically dragged her around in his clumsy leading, his head back while he sweetened the air with his perfect voice. Emma turned her head to lay on his shoulder and close her eyes. They swayed tranquilly when Emma finally gave up her struggles and simply let him hold her in the soft lamplight of morning. He even let her put her feet back on the ground once she'd stopped fighting his urge to dance.

When she looked up he grinned in good nature at her and she could do nothing but show him a lazy grin of her own.

Then his face took on a more austere look and he let her go abruptly.

"You tryna make me late or something," he accused with a snarl. Emma's jaw dropped and the beginning of a smile broke over her features. Trey shook his head and kept his façade going at her gaping features. "You know you outta be ashamed of yourself. Never tryna see a black man make it."

"Whatever!" she laughed walking around him.

"I'm serious!" He followed behind her back into the bathroom where her iPad had been propped against the sink behind her faucet. She b-lined for the closet. "First you turn in your two week notice, then you try and make me late so I'll get fired. Then I'ma have ta spend all my time here with you. That's what you want hunh?"

Emma shook her head and pushed clothes towards the wall with the door on their hangers, deeming them to thin or small or just not what she had in mind to wear that day. Her grin was very composed. "Trey I asked you if you thought I should take some leave for work in November and you fired me!"

"I ain't fire you girl I suggested you quit!" He was in the bathroom brushing his hair in the vapor of his bath. She'd gotten up before him that morning. After playing with her hair for the better part of an hour, she'd put it in a safety bun with a part on the left side of her head to try and add some diversity to the style. She tapped her index finger against her torso with her hands on her hips dressed in a pair of sky blue bikini underwear and a black satin bra. Her stomach protruded just barely still and inside her, her baby was the size of a lemon.