AUGUST 12, 2010

August 12, 2010
Daily Aries Horoscope

You are considered the most giving sign in the
zodiac stars. It is no secret that that might help
your companion in an intimate manner. Lean into
your nature Aries. It come natural to you to give
and be honest... don't fight it.

The sermon that Sunday was lovely but Emma's mind was elsewhere all day. She'd worn her peach skirt, the long one that she'd worn to the lake that one weekend. The white button down she had on wasn't the same silk one she'd worn just yesterday afternoon when she stormed away from Trey's apartment. This one was cotton. She hated it because it hugged her back when she reached forward, too small but Emma didn't want to admit it. On her feet were brown gladiator sandals of some sort. Her hair was in its usual safety bun.

The sermon was nice. The pastor asked over and over again if the congregation was ready to take a stand for Jesus and defend him despite opposition. Emma's mind could not stick down to a single thought but she carried a notebook to church every Sunday. It was a small pad that fit in the same case as her Bible and she wrote down words and phrases that stuck with her throughout the sermon. She'd look over them later in the week maybe. To try and get her blessing.

She couldn't think about her actions yesterday without physically cringing. She'd been the very definition of a crazed female and Emma was having trouble sticking down to her own opinion of how she acted. On one hand, she felt as though she reacted perfectly for someone in her situation... someone with something to hide. This was just how she needed to carry herself if she hoped to maintain any sort of relationship with Trey. He needed to understand that they were strictly... whatever it was they were. Her over reactions were saving them a world of time trying to get to know one another and see where the relationship lead and building a future together. This was just her way of making sure they skipped a few unnecessary steps and fell right into bed and then back into their own lives... separately. She'd been rude and a little heartless but if he forgave her then there would be no lose ends. Emma wondered if that was a risk she should have been so readily willing to take.

But on the other hand, her overreaction had been... whatever. Emma never really had any sort of dealings with children aside from seeing them and their parents in public places like the grocery store. But when she saw them even then her aversion was not that strong. Not as strong as it seemed yesterday. The nerves, those were just because this particular kid had a special place in Trey's life and that scared Emma. Made her think about things and futures she couldn't hope for at that point in her life. Emma wasn't sure if she'd gone too far or not with Trey. She felt like she had sometimes. She wanted to call him and apologize for being rude. How was he to know she didn't like kids?

Did she really not like kids? Or did she not deal enough with children to know the wiser?

Mm..

It didn't matter, Emma thought in a deflated manner. She remember he look on Trey's face when she turned back to him after trying her best to set him down like a used doll. He'd been... hurt, mad, shocked, all that. And Emma had thought that maybe he expected her to do something like that but... she couldn't be sure.

She looked up and realized she was at home. It was blazing hot and Emma was sitting in her car in front of her house. How long had she been there? She was starting to get hot. Sweat. She didn't even remember leaving the church house.

Emma went inside and Gypsy was sitting on top of the refrigerator waiting for her. She smiled and reached up to touch him behind his ears. He purred his appreciation. "Hey love..."

He blinked his big green eyes at her. Sort of aqua green-blue actually. She washed her hands and put some Fusilli Spirale spaghetti noodles. The other day she'd made some chicken breasts, baked them sprinkled in Ms. Dash. She'd been cooking. The chicken breasts were buy one pack of boneless, skinless, chicken wings and get a pack of chicken wings half off. She'd even got some steaks that day. She put her previously cooked chicken in the oven to reheat.