JUNE 10, 2010

Daily Sagittarius Horoscope
June 10, 2010

There's no telling what a Sagittarius can do when they
put their minds to it. Their personality is packed with
awesome tools like perseverance and determination
and those traits aren't going anywhere. So if there's
something you want Sag, go for it. If you work hard,
you'll get it indefinitely.

Emma was in the back yard of her house trying to rip some of the insufferable honey suckles off her windows. The breakfast nook in her kitchen was getting dark because of all the vines covering it. She manned her garden scissors in the late afternoon and took to the branches with a vengeance. She'd cut the grass yesterday and had been too tired to do the rest of the yard work that day but she was back at it now. She stood on a small ladder beside her netted deck with the hammock blowing casually in the wind. Inside the window she could see Gypsy sitting on the refrigerator watching her efforts casually.

Emma wiped her forehead and snatched the last of the vines from her window and basked in the view of her kitchen. She turned towards the setting sun and smiled because she'd gotten it done. She lowered herself from her aluminum ladder and grabbed it, walking back to the shed putting it next to her lawnmower and bird feed.

She padlocked her shed and moseyed back to her house. Emma took the back door next to the sunroom that led into the kitchen. There was more sun in there. And a great view of the star going to bed over the trees miles and miles away.

She showered, as she was sticky and feeling matted, and flopped on her bed. She was bored. It was going on nine o'clock and she had the whole night ahead of her. Emma wanted to go out. She hadn't taken her drugs that day because she was having such a calm, dull time. And that meant that Emma could drink that night if she wanted to.

She was feeling more on top of her problems than she had felt in a long time. Emma was confident in herself and her ability to keep herself, preoccupied and at bay. She was getting things done. She was relaxing in the process. She felt like a regular, well-rounded person. And that feeling, that fleeting moment where she felt like she was going through only the basic problems instead of her truly heinous ones was delicious enough to let her want to try something fun, ambitious, regular.

Rolling over, she called Bobby on her cell phone. "Bobby, baby."

"Hello my love," he said into the phone. "Are you counting the hours until we meet again?"

She giggled. "Something like that. Let's hit the streets tonight."

Bobby seemed excited that she wanted to go out. He'd stopped inviting her for a while because she never said yes. Besides the times when he'd embarrassed her too badly or she'd been afraid of her own torments, she went out with him. But as of late, the last few months, Emma had been declining every invitation. And as she looked around she thought that simply sitting at home and staring at her cat was a dreadful way to waste a night. "There's a new place opening tonight. Catfight. I was going to ask my significant other to join me but you'll get me more drinks!"

He was joking of course. Emma laughed. "Where is it?"

"Why don't you let me come get you?" Bobby asked. He'd never seen where she lived but he'd always wanted to. Emma wondered why he was so infatuated with getting to her house. She wasn't going to let him come over until she found out.

"Because I like to leave when I'm ready!"

Bobby groaned. "I'm in Henry County right now but I'll be back in Atlanta in like an hour. I'll text you the address. Call me. I wanna be there before it gets crowded."

"Fine, fine. What are you gonna wear?" Emma got up and crossed to her closet.

"I don't know. Wear something sexy so we can skip the line ok?"