Chapter Two

As much as I hated going to school, I loved the power I had there. My Serpent background helped a lot and the only people who had the guts to threaten us were the Ghoulies. The ones who weren't part of either gang managed to stay clear of us for the most part, but if we ever did cross with them I tried to be nice incase I ever needed their assistance in the future although it was rare I had use for a non Serpent.

There were very few Serpents who were in Senior classes with me so I was alone until lunch when we all gathered in our claimed corner of the cafeteria.

'Crystal! Here, saved a seat for you here' Sweet Pea and Fangs shuffled along a little so that I could sit between them.

'Thanks kids. Any news for me guys?' I asked

'Ghoulies are bragging about some new drug they've started being involved in. They're not sharing yet but it's only a matter of time' Toni, one of the few girl Serpents told me.

'Okay, I want it known that no Serpents go near the stuff. We don't get involved with drugs' I ordered.

'We'll get it round' she promised me.

'Anything else?' I asked.

'Don't think so, it's been relatively quiet today' she commented.

'You spoke too soon' Fangs told us, nodding to the middle of the cafeteria where a fight was starting.

'Looks like the Ghoulies are initiating a new member by making him go after Kicks' Sweet Pea laughed.

'Poor Kicks' I muttered 'The Ghoulies always pick on him'

'Well he is our newest member' Toni stated 'They see him as weak.'

'We will soon change that' I promised.

Lunch was soon over and so were the classes that followed so a few of us headed to the Whyte Worm again. The others headed for the pool table and a few arcade games in one of the corners while I headed over to the bar where my dad was working.

'Hey sweetie, how was school?'

'Pile of crap as usual. Can't wait to leave' I admitted.

'Not long left Crystal. Those younger Serpents will be lost without you'

'I have a plan for that dad, no worries'

'Good on you kid! Oh, by the way, FP was looking for you earlier. I think he forgets you're still in school!' he chuckled 'Last I saw he was in the office'

'Thanks dad, see you soon'

I headed upstairs and stopped short when I saw FP sat on the desk wearing his Serpents jacket with his back to me. God that man killed me!

'FP?' I asked slowly 'Dad said you were looking for me?'

He turned to face me and I saw that he had been crying. I had never seen him cry. I immediately forgot all his previous warnings and went straight over to hug him. He buried his head into the crook of my neck as we held each other tight and he tried to stop his tears.

'What happened?' I asked quietly.

'It's my boy Jughead, he moved out a while ago but it's his birthday tomorrow and his girlfriend wants me to celebrate with them but I know he won't want me there' he explained.

'Sorry to hear that FP. Maybe you should just show your face? You don't have to stay but at least the kid will know you remembered ad tried' I suggested.

'Yeah, maybe. Thanks Crystal, sorry for unloading on you like this.'

'No worries, that's what I'm here for. I have got news though. Ghoulies are experimenting again, don't know the details but I've ordered our guys to stay clear' I informed him.

'Good, we have enough trouble without that on our plates as well' he agreed.

We were still holding each other at this point and I caught myself looking at his lips. I couldn't help it, I leaned down slightly and kissed him lightly. Well, that was until he pulled me closer to him and deepened the kiss. Our tongues battled for dominance for several minutes until we broke apart breathing heavily. I rested my forehead against his before making my way back downstairs without saying a word to him.