Chapter Twenty Two

We arrived at Penny's warehouse 15 minutes earlier than FP was due. We banged loudly on the door but then hid so Jughead was the only one visible when Penny opened the door. He followed her inside as we listened out for our cue to join him and placed Snake masks over our faces.

'I wouldn't worry about that. Neither of us are gonna be here'

That was our cue so we went and stood behind Jughead and waited for Penny to notice our presence. When she turned round, she looked shocked to see us all stood there.

'Is this supposed to scare me?' she sighed 'I would not do this if I were you. You are making a big mistake' she told us as we walked up to her, put a bag over her head, and dragged her to a truck that Kicks had acquired.

We drove her out to Greendale and she looked terrified when we removed her hood and she could see our faces. This place was gonna be her new home, or anywhere really except Riverdale.

'The Serpent law says you can't hurt one of your own' Penny tried to stop us, showing us her tattoo.

'That tattoo doesn't make you a Serpent Penny' I laughed maliciously 'Grab her'

Sweet Pea and Toni held her as Jughead removed his jacket, rolled up his sleeves, and took the switchblade I handed to him. Penny kept struggling as Jughead earned his skin by carving off Penny's tattoo and leaving her bleeding in a ditch in Greendale.

When we returned to Riverdale we all went our separate ways but Sweet Pea took me back to his trailer so he could clean me up before my dad saw me. He helped me out my clothes and lent me a shirt and some joggers to wear home as he put my blood splattered ones in the wash along with his own stuff. 

'Lets get you home Crystal' he whispered to me, not daring to speak at full volume.

He walked me back to my trailer with the promise to see me the next day and then left. I went inside to see dad was home for once and I couldn't help but burst into tears when I saw him. He quickly comforted me as I told him about Penny. He was a little bit shocked but he could see the reasoning behind it, it needed to be done.

'I should go and see FP. He's probably furious' I decided, wiping away the tears on my cheeks 'I'll see you later dad'

'Be careful kiddo'

I let myself into FP and Jugheads trailer and walked into an argument between the two of them.

'I'm proud of who I am. You can't take that away from me' he was telling his dad.

'Take it he's told you?' I asked FP.

'He told me'

'And?'

'And I think you're both completely insane!'

'It got you out of the deal with her. And it got me and Sweet Pea out of it too. This was a good thing FP'

I dropped down onto the sofa next to him and closed my eyes to try and get a little sleep. I was woken a few hours later by Jugheads phone going off.

'What's happening?' I asked groggily.

'The Black Hood has been caught. Well, killed. I'm going to meet Archie, Veronica, and Betty now.' Jughead told me.

'Okay have fun' I muttered, turning over and burying my head into FP's shoulder.

'You gonna stay asleep there Crystal?' FP asked me.

'Yeah, I'm tired' I told him.

'You don't wanna go to sleep in the bed?'

'Effort to move'

'You know it confuses me how you have like no energy half of the time'

'Sure. Just don't let me stay the night, I promised dad I'd be home in the morning for Christmas presents'

'Alright Crystal. Enjoy your nap.'