Chapter Nineteen

I'd gone home to change before the party and now I was heading to the Wyrm wearing a cute, short black dress with heels and my jacket.

'Crystal! Come do shots with us!' Fangs shouted over to me as soon as he spotted me.

I ended up doing several shots with Fangs, Kicks, and Sweet Pea until deciding to go and find FP. He was stood by the pool tables and his face lit up when he saw me approaching.

'Hey Queen Crystal, how's the kingdom looking?' he asked me.

'Terrible without my King' I replied.

'It's for the best Crystal' he told me 'Oh, and I should warn you that Alice Cooper may be showing up tonight'

I could feel my face drop slightly when he mentioned that - I knew about their past - but I tried not to let it show.

I failed.

'Don't worry Crystal, she's only coming to keep an eye on her daughter Betty' he reassured me.

'I won't hesitate to knife her if she steps outta line' I warned him.

'I'll make sure Fangs and Sweet Pea keep an eye on you then' he replied 'Will I get to see you dance tonight?'

'Perhaps if I get enough shots in me I will'

The look in his eyes was full of lust at my reply and he leaned in to kiss me until we were interrupted by the entrance of Alice and Betty Cooper. Betty was wearing her usual baby doll clothes but Alice was in a Serpent worthy outfit. I turned to FP whose gaze was firmly on Alice, I scoffed and walked away, heading over to Fangs and Sweet Pea. I noticed Archie and his girlfriend in the crowd too.

'There's one too many Northsiders here' I muttered.

'I know Crystal, I hate it too' Fangs replied, slinging an arm around my shoulder.

Archie and his girlfriend were first up on the stupid karaoke machine Betty had brought into the Wyrm. It was some ridiculous sad song by an artist I didn't know.

'This song is lame' Sweet Pea chuckled just before Archie and his girlfriend ran off stage.

We all booed as they ran out of the Wyrm but we soon went quiet as Betty Cooper walked up on stage and finished singing the song whilst also performing her own lame version of the Serpent dance. I was furious, I told her she didn't cut it and I wouldn't allow it  but she did it anyway. That's not how the Serpents worked.

FP walked onto the stage once she had finished and handed her his jacket to cover up with. He motioned slightly for me to join him but I shook my head to refuse.

'Lets give her a round of applause' FP announced and half of the audience clapped along with him, I was one of those who didn't, 'Show her some of that Serpent hospitality we're known for! You know what? I've been in and out of the Serpents since I was younger than my son. And it's been a... a wild ride. Good times, bad times, the Serpents stuck by my side, while most other people turn their backs on me. My own family included. Now, the letter of the law says I can't be here, in the Serpent den. That I can't associate with my friends. My real family. My girlfriend. My blood. But I've been thinking about that, and it'll be a cold day in hell before a snake lets a pig tell him what to do. Northside wants me outta this gang? Well, they better bring a coffin because FP Jones isn't retiring. I am not going into the night! I am here to stay. So bring the fire!' FP finished his speech and all the Serpents cheered.

Except me.

I was furious.

'Excuse me a moment boys' I said to Sweet Pea and Fangs, before walking up to the office away from people.

'I'm sorry Crystal'

'If you're sorry then why did you do it FP?' I asked, turning to him.

'Penny has Jughead doing drug runs for her. I had to step in and help but I had to be a Serpent to do that' he explained.

'You didn't think I could help?'

'Didn't want you getting involved Crystal'

'That's not just your choice anymore FP. You said we were gonna work on this but you make this deal, and you invited Alice fucking Cooper tonight! Your ex girlfriend, who's gorgeous, and your age! How do you think that makes me feel?'

His kiss stopped my rant and even though I was furious with him, I melted into it.

'I'm sorry about it all but I gotta look out for Jughead and Alice wanted to keep an eye on Betty'

'God, that Betty! I told her she wasn't worthy but she totally disrespected the Queens rules!'

'Forget them for a minute Crystal, are you truly that upset I'm gonna be ruling alongside you again?'

'Honestly? No, I'm not upset. I feel like some of the older Serpents still don't fully trust me so least you'll be around to help with them' I told him.

'Come on, lets ditch and go to mine?' he suggested.

'Sure, but I'm going out the window first so you don't stare up my dress' I joked.

'Nothing I ain't seen before'