Chapter Thirty Two

FP had just come home from a shift at Pop's when I reached his trailer. He silently let me in and we both sat on the couch.

'How's Jughead taking everything?' I asked.

'Not well. That kid just doesn't know when to stop' he replied.

'He'll learn' I said softly 'We all do eventually'

'You weren't surprised when Penny told us what happened, were you?'

'No'

'Why not?'

'Because I was there with Jughead and the others when it happened' I confessed.

'Damn it Crystal! You should've known better than to do this!' he exclaimed angrily.

'I know FP, I'm sorry okay? But I was furious and what Jughead was saying made sense and I couldn't help it!'

'You're lucky Penny doesn't have it out for you as well' he ranted.

'Yeah, I still don't know why she's let me off this. I thought she was gonna drag me into it big time' I told him.

'She's biding her time Crystal' he replied.

'Does Jughead have a plan?' I asked him.

'Yeah, he's working with Betty to see if they can get any information about the Pickens Head that might help'

'I wish them both luck with that. Penny no doubt has something to do with it. And maybe Tall Boy as well. I bet they're working together' I decided.

'You really think Tall Boy is working with her?'

'Yes! I don't know what it is but the way he stuck up for her yesterday was very suspicious' I explained.

I had to leave FP's trailer shortly after as he had an extra shift at Pop's so I went to go meet Toni at her Uncles trailer since he was out. We did nothing except watch movies and eat junk food until FP rang me sounding very anxious and urgently asked us to meet him at the Whyte Wyrm. We both headed over there and ran into Fangs and Sweet Pea so the four of us headed in together but I left them to go and stand in the middle of the Serpents with FP and Jughead. I was only slightly surprised to see Betty there and Tall Boy in a seat infront of FP.

'We stopped the vote' FP told me when he noticed my presence.

'I see the head has been found' I replied.

'Yes it has,' FP replied 'So, what the hell were you doing at the dump last week Tall Boy?'

'I don't know what you're talking about' Tall Boy denied.

'I'm talking about you cutting the head off the statue and stashing it at the dump where you were seen, dumbass. So start spilling!' FP demanded.

'So, why did you do it?' Jughead asked angrily, 'Did someone put you up to this?'

'What's the Northsider doing here? This is Serpent business on Serpent land' Tall Boy asked, avoiding the question and looking over to where Betty was stood with Toni.

'She's here because she's one of us' Jughead told Tall Boy, getting in his face.

'So Tall Boy, you haven't answered Jugheads question: why did you do it?' I asked, finally getting involved.

'Because I'm tired of seeing the Serpents go soft under yours and FP's rule' he confessed, 'Then Hiram Lodge came by, wanting to stir up trouble. He said if I took the head, he'd get McCoy and the cops to swarm all over us'

I glanced over to Sweet Pea and Fangs who looked furious by the revelation as Jughead continued to lay into Tall Boy.

'If I could get rid of Jughead, I could get rid of you too FP. Then once you were both gone, getting rid of Crystal would've been just as easy'

'And then what? Would you become leader? And Penny would help you out?' I asked him furiously 'I won't be put down so easily'

'You're a Judas, Tall Boy. And an idiot' Jughead told him angrily.

'You betrayed your own kind, Tall Boy. You broke Serpent law. What should we do with this low life?' FP asked everyone.

'Strip him of his jacket. Exile him' Jughead replied immediately with no hesitation.

'All those in favour?'

Every Serpent in the Wyrm voted to be in favour with Jugheads decision which made me smile happily.

'Looks like this piece of trash and I got a long ride ahead of us' I said happily.

'I'll come with you' FP said.

'Meet you outside in 10' I told him and quickly went over to see my dad who was behind the bar.

I told dad quickly what my plan was and he replied, telling me he was working all night and wouldn't be home when I returned. I was heading over to FP when Jughead stopped me.

'What's up kid?'

'How long will yo be gone?' he asked awkwardly.

'Not sure, why, what are you planning?' I asked curiously.

'Nothing really' he said, glancing at Betty.

'Oh. Oh! I know what you're thinking kid. Don't worry, I'll ask your dad to stay at mine tonight so you can have a free trailer' I offered.

'Really? You don't mind?'

'Of course not, just be safe Jughead. Okay?'

'Thanks Crystal. Um, please don't tell my dad okay?'

'Your secret is safe with me'