Chapter Eighteen

A few days later, we received news that FP was getting out of jail! I couldn't wait to see him properly again. Jughead had planned to bring FP up to speed which I was fine with but Tall Boy had other plans.

'You want us to sit down with the mayor. That's not right' Tall Boy announced.

'I think we can bring back the Southside' Jughead argued 'But it's gonna take work'

Sweet Pea, Toni, and I all exchanged looks, knowing Jughead was onto something.

'It's gonna take compromise' Jughead finished.

Tall Boy wasn't impressed at all and he made it very well known.

'Alright, okay, let's stop posing boys. How about we vote on it?' I interjected 'Alright, if Jughead's wrong, he'll step aside alright Tall Boy?'

They both nodded at me.

'All those who stand with Jughead and think Tall Boy should shut the fuck up?' I asked the Serpents.

The Serpents all agreed with Jughead and I which made us look at Tall Boy victoriously. I dragged Jughead over to where Sweet Pea and Fangs were stood to ask about FP.

'Do you want to come and see him when he gets out?' Jughead asked me.

'Nah, it's fine' I replied.

'Please? Betty and her mum will be there and I could do with the back up'

'Alright, I'll drive us there on my bike tomorrow' I agreed.

I was bouncing nervously as we waited, partly because I was excited to see FP, and partly because I could feel Alice Coopers death glare aimed at me. I couldn't help the grin on my face when FP approached the gate and after a quick nod from Jughead I ran and launched myself into FP's arms. He caught me and hugged me tightly before breaking away to hug Jughead.

'Is it true what they say about men who have just been released from prison FP?' Alice asked as they headed to her car.

'What do they say?' he asked.

'That they're incredibly sexually frustrated' she announced which shocked us all.

'Looks like I might be in luck then' I giggled 'See you back on the Southside boys'

'Nonesense Crystal, come join us' Betty said excitedly.

'I don't wanna intrude'

'You won't be, follow us on your bike' she told me.

'Okay, sure'

I followed them to the Northside, to Pop's and squeezed into the corner of the booth on the same side as FP and Jughead feeling extremely awkward.

'The Black Hood is targeting sinners, so I'd watch my back if I were you FP' Alice warned 'Especially once you rejoin that gang of hoodlums'

I opened my mouth to give her a piece of my mind but FP placed a hand on my leg and squeeed slightly, telling me to shut up.

'I'm not going back to the Serpents' FP told us.

I tried not to look too shocked but I was, this was not a simple decision for him to make.

'I thought a lot about this while I was in the Shankshaw, and I'm done with Serpent life' he explained 'It's gonna be one last ride for my boy and I, but it's too much of a slippery slope for me'

Jughead and Betty tried to argue that FP was still needed but I knew they wouldn't change his mind.

'And what, pray tell, will you be doing with all your extra time FP?'Alice asked.

'Working, Warden Cooper' he replied without missing a beat 'I saw a help wanted sign in the window. Thought I'd talk to Pop about picking up some shifts'

'I think that's a great idea' I said softly.

'Lets hope your plans don't come crashing down once you start drinking again' Alice observed maliciously.

'Actually , I'm in AA. Started in jail and I don't plan on stopping'

I was extremely proud of FP when I heard that, he deserved to have this new start. I excused myself from the diner pretty soon after but promised to meet up with them later on. I headed on the Wyrm to hide out in the office for a while to get things in order before FP came back. I was walking downstairs to talk to Toni when I heard my name being spoken.

'If you wanna join the club, Crystal's gotta let you do the dance. The Serpent dance' Byrdie was telling someone.

I walked over to see Betty stood with Toni.

'Excuse me, Serpent Dance?' she asked hesitantly.

'Toni thinks it's an out dated, sexist tradition but I enjoy it. It takes hella guts to dance like a snake' I chuckled.

'I wanna know everything' Betty demanded.

'No, there's no way you're doing the dance' I told her 'You just don't cut it Northsider'

I left it there and walked away, not wanting to discuss it further. I headed to FP's trailer to see him and he was arguing with Jughead about his retirement party.

'It's one night' Jughead told him.

'Not even. It's like three hours at the most. Let the Serpents give you a proper send off' I tried to persuade him 'I might even wear a cute little dress for you' I teased.

He sighed heavily.

'First off, please stop saying stuff like that in front of me Crystal!' Jughead complained 'second, it's the end of an era dad, you have to go!'

'Okay' FP finally gave in 'Okay, let's do it'

'Yay!' I celebrated a little as the boys chuckled.

'I gotta go, I'll see you guys tonight' Jughead announced suddenly after looking at his phone.

'Later Jughead'

'So what can we do now we have an empty trailer to ourselves?' I asked FP teasingly as I straddled him as he was sat on the kitchen chair.

'We could test Alice's theory about guys who were in prison?' he suggested.

'Deal' I agreed, kissing him for the first time in months.