After talking to them and convincing them that I was fine and no longer crying for a few more minutes I disconnected the call and decided to help Mrs. Mehra with her lunch preparations for the potluck with their family friends of our colony. She taught me how to make various types of stuffed parathas - Potato, Cauliflower, Radish, Cheese. After preparing more than enough food for their potluck, we packed the food carefully into the aluminum foil containers. I decided to accompany them to the potluck after a lot of persuasion from Mr & Mrs Mehra, on a condition that I could return home whenever I want. They agreed to my condition gladly. I was introduced to many of their friends once we reached the garden where the potluck was held. After spending few minutes by looking at the beautiful but simple decorations in the garden, I came to a conclusion that this party is a get away for all the families which have their children settled somewhere. Most of the families either were small families with their young children or were retired families like Mr & Mrs Mehra. There were very few people of my age group.

While I was pondering on when would I get the opportunity to leave the garden without getting caught by Mr & Mrs Mehra, I saw Priya coming in with her Mom. After greeting her mom, I turned to Priya and found from her facial expression that she was as excited as me for this potluck. She widened her eyes dramatically, enveloped me in her arms and said with fervour", You are a savior Anya. You are an oasis in this desert. I am scared to think about what would have happened to me if I didn't find you here!" She started her antics and I could not hold back the smile that was trying to make its appearance on my lips. "It is OK to smile Anya, they will not charge you anything for that. They only charge for the Desserts here." After I heard her words I turned my gaze to the area where many types of desserts were arranged elegantly on a oak table. "Are you serious?!" I asked her showing my trepidation. But when I saw the twinkle in her eyes I knew she was pulling my leg. "God no! The only reason I come to these Potlucks is for those desserts." She explained by throwing a smile at me. We made our way to the dessert's table and tried out few yummy looking treats.

We found a quiet place under the gazebo at the far right corner of the garden and settled on the floor. " So, how are the decorations? " she asked all of a sudden. I gave her an honest answer saying that they are elegant and pleasant. Her next question surprised me," So do you think there is a scope for the person who designed these to get any prospects for business?" I turned my surprised look at her and saw the seriousness in her eyes. "What is that you want to ask Priya? Ask directly." She sighed and said," Mom is getting old and she has sacrificed many things to provide me with everything. I want her to take a break from the boutique and concentrate on her dreams. I will takeover the business but I am not sure if the we can survive with the income from running the flower boutique in this industry now. So I thought of branching out. Mom is blessed with a talent to beautifully decorate the places for any type of venues but she could not pursue because of many reasons. This garden is her first work. After a lot of force from me, she agreed to do it. As my friend I wanted to know your opinion." "I really like the decorations Priya. And I agree with you that your mother is blessed with a talent to enhance the beauty of a place by doing few additions. So yes she should do this more. So this means you will resign from your post at SJ International." I gave my input to Priya. "I am not sure when I will resign, but I will do it for sure. I need to have some contracts in hand before taking such a major decision."She replied me.

We both sat there for a few minutes enjoying the calm. Priya dropped a bomb in my lap with her next question. "So tell me about your biker boy?" I was surprised by her question and whipped my head towards her. "What?? Do not look so surprised now. Even though I am not aware of what is happening between you both I can easily sense the under currents that pass in the environment surrounding both of you. I will not call it animal magnetism and degrade it but that is some serious thing going on Anya. No need to get alarmed dear. No one knows about you and your biker boy. I came to call you that day right, I realized then. I thought of asking you later on but was involved in my things and forgot about it. So what is going on my friend?"

I did not know what to answer because her words gave some incoherent form to the feelings coursing through me. The incidents with him were dancing in my mind. "I guess we are not that close to tread into these aspects of our life yet. Not a problem. You take your time and answer me. If you think that you can escape from answering this question by using a 'new friend zone' you will be sorely disappointed. Whether you agree today or after one year you are my good friend and not even you can change that." Her words filled me warmth that I always feel in the presence of Rina and Urmi. I smiled at her and said", Even I do not know what is happening between us. And thanks for giving me space and accepting my silence. You need not wait for one one year Priya, you are already my good friend." She laughed at my reply and nodded her head as if I was a lost cause and there is no hope for me. "Poor Biker boy!! He doesn't know what hit him. All the best for whatever is going on with you two. Looks like you need all the luck and help in dealing with him", she winked at me, stood up from the floor and started moving towards her mother who was approaching us. I blushed at her wink and collected myself. She hit bulls eye with her wishes of luck and help. Somehow my heart was telling me that all the luck and help will not be sufficient in dealing with Kai, as I was getting inundated with surprises since his arrival into my life.

I know I know this was not what many of you might have expected I wanted to build up for that moment when Kai and Anya will talk to each other.

Well I will try to bring up their conversation in the next chapter if possible😉😉. So do give your love to Anya and Kai. Keep voting and commenting.

Have a great time ahead all of you. Oh before I leave, Happy Rose day to all of the lovers in the world. Keep smiling. Keep loving. Keep living.