Chapter 21: Riley?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ unedited short chapter.

"Yes we will come in just a moment." Riley says to the waiter.

Riley turns to me and in hushed voice, he says close to my face. "When we get inside I have to give you something."

I look into Riley's dark blues eyes and nod my head in reply. He takes my hand which was kind of unexpected but I think he was just trying to put on a act for the waiter who was still looking at us suspectedly.

We are back in the dinning hall. Riley still holding my hand guides me to a more crowded area near a back corner of the room some people where having my causal conversations, and we would blend in more. Rather towards the middle where the big shots, I suppose, were having more dramatic conversations. I guess Vitali was most likely over there.

Riley is scanning the tables as we walked as if he was looking for something.

His eyes stop at a table near us and he turns quickly towards it.
Riley then quickly pulls out a chair for me to sit then he sits down next to me he grabs a tiny bowl that happened to have sauce in it.. Soy sauce I believe? I look at him kind of puzzled to why we sat down here and why is he grabbing a random person's sauce?

He then grabs a napkin and takes a fork and dips the fork into the soy sauce and starts lightly drawing on the napkin. Numbers.

144-6798 R

(A/N Sorry if I wrote down someone's #)

'He's giving me a phone number?' I'm quite surprised.

Riley then turn to me. "Unknown to the person who bought me I got my cellphone back from them, this is my number. I know we just met and we know nothing about each other except for the fact that we are both in a similar situation. I would like try to keep in contact with you since I might not see you again. Who knows, this might help in the long run I'm not sure.. "

I look at him eyes wide in confusion. "You got your cellphone taken away then got it back? How??"

Riley looks at my 'Are you serious expression?' And gives me a confident smirk.

"Well I really don't want to stay in this situation so I have to try and be tactful. I'm learning the floor plan of the place I'm staying. And I found a storage room full of belongs of other slaves like me and I found my back pack with my phone and portable charger! The only shitty thing is I can't use it here without wifi cause my cellar data is all used up. And where I live I have to type a password, but that's my next mission!"

I can't help but be impressed by this Riley guy. He's using a stealthy route it seems.

"You're not the only slave where you are?" I'm curious of his living situation.

"No, I'm not..." Riley pauses and I feel some weight in his silence.

"..The place that I'm living at right now is some kind of organization? I believe. And they look like they are "recruiting" people to work for them. So I guess auctions are one way to get more." Riley rolls his eyes bitterly.

Riley then looks down. An irked look washes over his face. He lets out a small sigh. "This whole kidnapped thing is ridiculous, and maybe giving you my contact is even more foolish but.. I just don't know what else to do I guess, but its better then doing nothing right?"

Riley looks to me when an expression and message I can really relate with.

I give a reassuring smile. "Well ridiculous times call for ridiculous measures. Right? If I had my cellphone still I would try to give my number to someone else in hopes it might help in the future."

Riley looks back at me with a half smile. "I-"

An abrupt hand comes down hard on Riley's shoulder, shocking us both.

We both look behind to see a harsh looking guy in a black suit with an ear piece in. I tense up thinking I've been caught in some act. But the guy only looks at Riley.

"Where the hell we're you? The boss is looking for you."

Riley stands up startled making his chair screech. "Ah, I'm sorry I just wanted to look around." He said skittish.

The black suited man looks at him annoyed then glances over in my direction and I turn away, afraid of getting involved.

He looks back at Riley "Let's go." He walks into the crowd of people.

Riley follows with out a word. But just as he's about to disappear in the crowd he glances back at me, then is out of sight.

I sit here, kind of stunned that I had such an encounter. Man this day has been eventful.

I think back to how Riley said he's learning about floor plan of where he's staying.

'Maybe that's something I should consider trying, since I have no idea what I'm going to do with my free time here. Might as well work on some convoluted plan to get out of this foreign country and back home. Worth a shot!' I speculate.

I rest my head on the table in front of me. Not giving a fuck about this damn party. Just letting myself have a moment to take in some deep breaths. I sit for a while thinking about my life options. Since I don't have many at the moment.

'I have to change, I'm in a compromising circumstance. I don't have anyone on my side. I have to be cautious and actually use my fucking brain.'

"Uh.. Miss. Stevenson?" A light hand rests on my left shoulder.

I sit up and turn to the voice referring to me.

'Doc?' I look to him puzzled cause I'm seeing him in his formal attire, which looks good but kinda unusual for his personality. His lab coat and regular dress shirts style fits him best.

"Are you feeling okay? Miss Stevenson?"

"Ah- I'm okay just tired." 'REALLY tired, so done with today.'

"That's understandable. The dinner is almost over so not to worry you will get some rest. I heard you got injured earlier today."

'Flash backs to my failed runaway attempt. Getting knocked over by a freaking van (could have died but luckily got away with just a dislocated shoulder) Then Vitali making it better by dragging me away by my dislocated arm.'

"Uh... Yeah, I did." I rub my still aching shoulder.

"I'll check you tomorrow so you can just rest tonight. Sound good?" Doc gives a warm smile.

For a guy working with the mafia he seems so harmless. I'm glad he's here though, I don't feel like I have to put up my guard with him.

"Thank you."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~