Chapter : 20 Dining part 3

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

.
.
.

"You know Miss Stevenson you're supposed to put your other hand on my shoulder." Vitali catches my attention.

I blush annoyed mostly because I am extremely nervous and then he has to point out I'm not holding him correctly. Fuck this guy, it's so obvious I'm bad at dancing so why dance with me anyway??

"You know.. And I'm being honest here. You look beautiful in that dress. Especially when you're wearing it properly." Vitali says in a sly tone.

Immediately my face reddens, I hang my head in embarrassment.

My mind is just coming up a blank. I have no idea how to react with Vitali so close I can't even think of any comebacks or even tell him to shut up, I'm way too skittish.

Suddenly I feel Vitali's hand under my chin, he tilts my head up to look at him.

"You're going to have to get used to this Miss. Stevenson I'm going to have dinners every now and then. And you will be my partner at those functions. Understood?"

I look back at him, eyes wide with dumbfound-ness

'...Hold up EXCUSE me! I have to keep doing this!!?'

I shake my head free from his grasp so I can talk properly.

I try to formulate my words together so I don't make Vitali angry.

"Do.. pardon me Mr. De Luca, but why do 'I' have to accompany you? You're quite-uh the influential man, you can get any girl out there to accompany to these events. A willing girl to..!"

I look back into his cyan eyes kind of anxiously for the answer, my words are shaky from the direct eye contact.

Vitali looks down at me with a unimpressed face like he didn't understand the reason for my question.

He let out a low exhale. And I for some reason brace myself for the answer.

"Hmm.. Well Miss. Stevenson you might have forgotten but when I bought you at that auction some time back. That was quite the hectic day for me."

His 'Hmm' was low and sounded distinctly unhappy. And he was referring to the day we basically met. Nope not a good sign.

"You know why it was hectic Miss. Stevenson?" Looks down at me with a teasing glare that probably meant I had something to do with this.

I guess I was given a ton of contexts clues already so I figured I should just play along and confess.

I look away too daunted by his stare.

"U-um did I.. have something to do with it..?" I cautiously ask like I'm treading on a mine field.

"Ha ha." Vitali lets out a smooth laugh which honestly isn't much of a laugh more like a taunting laugh to degrade others.

"Yes, correct Miss. Stevenson, you're much more smarter then you carry yourself to be."

'Excuse you, you mafia prick.' I curse him in my mind.