Get out, Get out, Get out of my Head...

Gabbie opened her eyes, blinking against the light. Sitting up, she rubbed her forehead, feeling a headache coming on. Groaning, she looked around and sighed, finding herself rugged up on the couch. Earlier, she'd been lying on the floor, too sad and too empty to force her way up the stairs and into the bed that smelt like Harry.

Just thinking his name, Gabbie felt her throat close up and a sob build up in her chest. Pushing her hand over her mouth, she lay back down against the lounge and forced her eyes shut. She heard Cat shuffle into the house and toss her car keys lightly on the ground. There was a loud echoing thump of her dropping her school bag on the floor before silence.

Gabbie could feel Cat's eyes on her, but she refused to look up. Instead she squeezed her eyes tighter and waited. 

Cat looked down at her friend, curled up on the sofa and quietly shuffled past and into the kitchen. She flicked on the anicent white kettle and pulled out too teabags and two cups. She tapped the bench with her fingers.

Even though Gabbie was the one who Harry had left, Cat had been feeling the effects just as much as she had. For the first time in her life, she'd had to slap on makeup to cover up the dark circles under her eyes. Gabbie looked worse. She was barely eating enough for herself, let alone the baby. She had huge circles and looked drawn and sunken. 

"What time is it?"

Cat turned her head slightly to gaze at Gabbie, the blanket Cat had placed on her this morning around her neck. She shivered even though it was summer.

"4:30." Cat whispered, pouring hot water into both of the cups.

"AM?" Gabbie coughed, hugging the blanket close to her body.

Cat shook her head. "PM. You missed school."

Gabbie nodded and excepted the cup from Cat's hands. "How was it?"

Cat blinked, her eyes heavy. She shrugged her shoulders and forced herself to sip her tea. She felt like shit. But eying Gabbie, she new she wasn't the worst off. "Did you eat?"

Gabbie shook her head. "Not since dinner."

Cat felt her anger boil at that. "Gabbie, what the hell are you doing? You need to eat."

She slammed her cup down and marched over the cupboard. Rummaging around, Cat extracted a packet of Chocolate Hotcross buns and shoved two into the mircowave to warm them. Gabbie watched her doing it, feeling her stomach turn at the idea of eating anything.

"Cat, I'm not hungry." Gabbie muttered as she watched Cat fling the steaming buns onto a plate.

Cat looked up at Gabbie and handed her the plate anyway. Gabbie laied it back on the counter and pushed it away with her hand. The smell of the hot bread making her stomach turn.

Cat glared at her. "I don't care if your not hungry, Gabbie. You're going to eat something weather you like it or not." Cat huffed and pushed the plate back into Gabbie's hands. "Eat. Now."

Gabbie hugged the blanket closer. "Did you not just hear me? I'm not eating this."

"Well for fucksake Gabbie. You can't not eat! You are preganat now! You have a baby growing inside you! It's not just you that you need to bloody feed. Now open your mouth and take a bite of this, because I'm not going to sit back and watch you and this baby waste away! Not on my watch! Now, fucking eat already."

Gabbie glared down at Cat for a moment before letting out a loud, defeated huff. "Fine." She took a deep  breath and jammed the bun into her mouth, taking a huge bite. Despite what she's thought earlier, the bread was welcoming in her stomach and she felt her hunger grow as she ate. She hadn't realised how starving she'd actually been.