Volkner x Reader

This is a big shout out to a new requestor alyishnothere for giving me this! She didn't care about the plot but she did say she wanted Volkner because he reminds her of minato. In all honesty he reminds me more of Laxus because Laxus is a lightning dragon slayer and matches his hidden passions better but that's just my opinion. *sips Lipton tea*

So without further delay here is my one shot. I am using the red string soulmate AU I think I used before with Emmet. Flashback is in italics. If you are homophobic don't read. In fact, if you're homophobic get off of this book! We don't need no homophobes! Screw homophobes! 

Storytime!

"All right, class, our lesson today is on soulmates. You're soulmate is the person you are supposed to be with forever. They will love you no matter what and your souls are destined for eachother."

You nodded and looked around the room of Pokémon Kindergarten. Barry And Lucas were cuddled up against eachother, proclaiming themselves as soulmates even tough they were two boys. The rest of the class, like Dawn, tonight this was weird but you befriended the hyperactive and somewhat shy boys.

"The Red string on your dominant index finger was manifested by your soul to help you find your soulmate. Some people find them early on while other wait to grow up to find them. You can never stay mad at your soulmate. Only you-"

You rose your hand and your teacher, Mrs. Ginny, called on you.

"Uh, Miss Ginny? I don't have a string."

The class turned and looked at you, the teacher's gaze went cold. You used to Ben her favorite student and had a lot of friends but since then everyone just changed in Pokémon name kindergarten. Everyone but Lucas and Barry who accepted you.

This brings us to the present. You were walking around with Barry and Lucas. You all were at Lake Verity because Barry wanted to see the Red Garyados And Lucas needed to find a Golduck for his Pokédex. You were tagging along because everybody else hated you. 

"Barry! Look! A Golduck!"

"Woah! Really?! Show me! show me!"

The couple was being cute as ever and you fiddled with your watch, being the third wheel you were. Barry would joke around that he was willing to do a threesome and Lucas would get flustered at his boyfriend's bevanior. It was like a gimmick. It was pretty adorable and funny.

You watched the two soulmates look at the Golduck who willingly waited for Lucas to get the Pokédex Entry. Life had to be fun with soulmates. But here you were.

The girl with no soulmate....

Oh? You felt something in your pocket vibrate and you got a call from a number you didn't know. It wasn't your area code (twinleaf) but you did notice the area code was still in Sinnoh. In fact, you knew it was Sunnyshore's area code. You picked up and instantly you're two best friends looked back at you.

"Hello?"

The voice on the other line was somewhat deep and bored.

"Hey, Flint? You mind coming by the gym today? If you don't have any challengers at all..."

Who's Flint? Wait...challengers... This guy knew Flint of the elite four?! Wait another second, the area code was Sunnyshore so was this guy Volkner?! You me too eyes with your best friends who were curious. You fumbled to put the phone on speaker as they ran over next to you. You spoke into the speaker phone with a gay boi on each side.

"Uh, I'm not Flint. But are you Volkner?"

"EH!? (Your name), you got a wrong number call from Volkner?! I haven't been to his gym yet!"

"He uses electric types, yes?"

You wave to shut the boys up in the closet they never were stuck in when the bored voice replied again after a small pause.

"I have the wrong number. Sorry."

You panicked. You kinda wanted to talk to him.

"Wait! You asked me as if I was Flint to come over. Do you not have challengers? Barry, we can head over there and take our gym challenge!"

"YEAH!!!"

"But my Pokedéx..."

Volkner paused again on the other line.

"Challengers are getting boring and weaker by the day... Please don't dissapoint me. Wait, what the-"

You dropped your phone as your hand was forcibly extended Into the air and a red string tied itself around your index finger. Lucas was confused at why you did this random motion. Barry put two and two together and started jumping and screaming. You were awestruck but you picked up the phone.

"Do you see it too?!"

"I see it. Are we-"

"You're my soulmate!"

Lucas caught onto this and literally had a coincidence? I think not! Moment and started jumping up and squealing like a fangirl with Barry. Both of them made it very hard to hear Volkner on the other side.

"So I actually did have one after all... heh. I hope you don't dissapoint."

"I swear to you I'll make myself worth it! I'll get to Sunnyshore as soon as I can!"

You hung up and grabbed the boys by the hands, dragging them while running. Ironic since Barry is the one who usually grabs you and Lucas.

"Come on! I'm sick of being a third wheel! To Sunnyshore!"

And that is how you met your soulmate.

I was going to do a how I met your mother joke but decided against it. so, what do ya think? Like it?

~Eva