Ruby x Reader

Number two of TophatWolfie's long request list. 

Ruby and Brendan are NOT the same person! Brendan is the son of Professor Nirch and takes more pride in his research than battling most of the time. Ruby is a fashion forward guy who you'd think would swing either way. Kinda like a mini Wallace. 

Now that I cleared that up, she wanted a competitive Reader so are you ready for a battle of fashion? I SURE HOPE SO BECAUSE IT IS STORYTIME!!!

You slammed out of the dressing room at the same time as your best friend and feircest rival. You both looked at eachother. You cursed yourself out under your breath.

DANGIT HE DOES LOOK GOOD IN EVERYTHING!!!

Basically a recap up to now: you and Ruby decided to go to the mall together. You went clothes shopping at Macy's and you found a really cute tank top dress in a dark colo and with cut out sleeves. Ruby said it would look good on you and you took it admin a challenge. You tried on the dress for him to prove him wrong. After that he asked of there was anything you looked bad in. Another challenge. Ruby went out and found the ugliest things in the store, but you decided to do the same. You came back with armloads Of the ugliest clothes you've seen in the store. It's was hard finding ugly shirts in Macy's though. You kept trying on clothes and looking at eachother. Neither of you wore something you look bad in yet! It was infuriating for the both of you.

"How In the name of Arceus are you pulling off that yellow tank top with that ugly ruffled purple skirt! The color contrast should kill the outfit but your skin tone just makes it! Not to mention your hair ther perfect color on the sleeveless shirt! ARGH!"

"You think you're having a hard time finding a horrible outfit on me?! You look good in everything! Your well toned body doesn't allow a too small shirt to make you seem fatter! That white athletic shirt goes really well with those skinny jeans and black designer boots it makes me want to pull out my hair!"

You both growled as you went back to your baskets of horrible clothing, still wearing the ensembles picked out From last round. Neither of you awknowleged the complements just said. Stuff like that was normal speech between you two, unlike most couples too shy to say that's to their lover. When it came to fashion you both were deadly serious.

You pulled out a freaky orange blazer, a green tee shirt, a purple fedora and black khakis. He yanked a mint green and white sequenced mini dress out with a black blazer and light grey leggings, along with tan high heels and a purple bow. This was now mission impossible.

"Try this on for size, Hottie."

"Try and make this look hot, gorgeous.

You sarcastically called eachother hottie and gorgeous. Lots of people mistook you for a couple but since you both literally looked good in everything those sarcastic nicknames just fit perfectly into this puzzle. You stormed into the dressing room. By now the workers would have to be scared, you've been in here for at least three hours at this! Your piles were running out.

As you dressed yourself, you snickered. There was no Way those colors would go together. He'd look like the Joker from Batman but with more orange and dreamy crimson eyes. You slipped the dress on over the leggings and slipped the black blazer over the long sleeves of the dress. You flicked the heels on your feet and snapped the bow in your hair. You checked yourself in the mirror. Dang I look good. Joke's on Ruby

You strutted out of the Dressing Room to catch glimpses of Ruby. He was owning the crazy, colorful look. The orange blazer only brought out his eyes and the black pants made the secondary's colors pop. His brown hair was slick under the purple fedora. The green shirt peeled out in the center of his chest and clevage. You stomped your foot on the ground.

"D*MN IT!!!"

His smile fell when he saw you. He also cried out the same sentance. 

"D*MN!!! I thought for sure the black would clash with the grey! And those tan heels should just ruin it!"

"How the Hell can you make green And orange look good against eachother without a light blue?! HOW!?"

You huffed And locked eyes with Ruby. Silence until he let out a snirk. You both bus ted out laughing. It took a second to calm down and actually talk between chortles.

"Arceus, what are we doing?!"

"Trying to make eachother look bad? That's impossible! Ecspecially you, Ruby."

"Eh?"

"Your hot. You could wear what you are now and make any girl in Hoenn swoon."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

He stepped in front of you. He winked and let his tounge peek out of his lips. He gave you finger guns. You decided To go with his little game. You clutched youe hands together against your chest.

"Oh! Shivers."

You fanned yourself causing him to let out a heset laugh before looking in your eyes.

"Well you, gorgeous, can make any guy do your bidding in that dress."

"Really?"

"Heck yeah! I swear I could just pick you up and steal you right Now."

At your surprise, he lifted you bridal style. You both started snickering again. He set you down to go back and get changed. Once you were back in your normal clothes, you still held onto that's mint dress and black blazer. You switched the leggings for black and heels also for black. Ruby actually bought the outfit but in a monochrome colorscheme Of Black. The only color that wasn't black was the tee shirt he switched for mint Green.

So guess what you two wore when you went on your first official date?

Heh, that was awesome to write and so freaking funny! I had fun with this, what's about you?

~Eva