Chapter 15

Sasuke stood up to take the letter from his dad's tight grip that was causing the paper to wrinkle. The older Uchiha released his grip on the paper and moved his hand to run it over Mikoto's back. Mikoto was still trembling but she wasn't crying as loud anymore. Sasuke read the handwritten notes and his body trembled as he tried to contain his tears. He slapped a hand over his mouth as he dropped to his knees and hunched over. He burst into tears but refused to cry out loud. This is Naruto's suicide note... He had actually thought about ending his life then. Sasuke had hoped that Naruto might have been harming himself but had accidentally cut too deep. Naruto cutting himself and accidentally slicing too deep wasn't an ideal situation but at least that way Naruto did not have the intention of suicide but now... with this note, Naruto had had the intention to end it all. "What is that?" Menma demanded, he didn't like to see people crying. Ahri slapped his arm, hissing at him for being rude while Kaguya went to take the piece of paper from the sobbing Uchiha. She went back to Itachi and her siblings as they gathered closer to read it. Her hands shook as she continued reading. Itachi was the first one to finish reading as he had turned his head to look away from the note. Naruto loves him with all his heart and yet he threw all that love away for some silly accusations that he could've asked about easily instead he didn't even bother. They stayed like that for a long time, brooding about their own actions and treatment towards Naruto when the lights of the operating theatre turned off. Mikoto was the first one in front of the doctor, shaking slightly in hopes that it would be good news. Please don't shake your head at us. Please don't shake your head. Mikoto pleaded in her head, every time they shake their head is always bad news. "Are you... his mother?" The doctor asked, looking at the Mikoto then remembering that his patient had blond hair. "No but I'm his guardian." Mikoto said, it wasn't the truth but neither was it a complete lie. She took care of him more than his real parents ever did. The doctor blinked before he nodded, accepting that reply. "He is currently stable, however, since... he did try to commit suicide we have to place him under surveillance to ensure he does not try to commit suicide again. If any of you knows why he might have done it, could you please sort it out with him and tell him that its a problem that's not gonna last forever, his solution was permanent and it's not pleasant." The doctor said softly. Fugaku held out a hand for a handshake to thank the doctor for his hard work.

"I don't think... I don't think he would want to see me." Itachi muttered. The Namikaze kids stopped and stared at him. "Are you fucking for real right now?" Menma cursed at him, making Itachi look at him. "Naruto clearly still loves you with all his heart. He will be happy if he gets to see you. "
"But what if he isn't. What if I make things worse?"
"Trust me mate. I'm pretty sure you'll just make him happy to see you visiting him." Menma said, dragging Itachi towards the room. Itachi struggled but Menma's iron grip proved that Itachi couldn't escaped. "Where do you think you're going? You're coming too." Kaguya said, grabbing Sasuke by the collar.
"I know you might have done some stupid stuff to Naruto but... I think he isn't the person to be mad at you two." Ahri said softly, before she opened the door for them to enter. They entered to see Naruto staring out the window. He didn't even look at them.
"Um. Hello Naruto-Kun." Mikoto started, hoping the boy would at least look at them. Nothing. "We are really worried about you, I... It hurts to see you like this Naruto-Kun, please." Mikoto whispered.
"You guys shouldn't have." Naruto muttered softly, making them frown in confusion.
"Shouldn't have what?"
"Saved me. There was no point in-" Mikoto walked over so fast that no body knew she moved until she slapped him. She shook with anger as tears welled in her eyes. "How could you! It hurt so much seeing all that blood! I-I don't want you to kill yourself! I saw you as my son! I was expecting you to be my son-in-law so I just thought of you immediately as my son! You are so important to me! To us! I just... You..." Mikoto choked back her sobs as she struggled to find the right words to use. Naruto flinched, he lowered his head in shame. He had thought no one cares anymore. They were all so busy with their lives and that they don't even let him explain, he just thought they don't care about him anymore. Mikoto lunged at him and embraced him in a tight hug. Sobs wracking her body as she clung onto Naruto. Seeing her crying like this made Naruto sadder. He wrapped his hands around Mikoto and buried his face into her neck. "Please don't leave us. Please don't. Please." Mikoto cried.