Chapter 7

Naruto's siblings slowly start to not pay as much attention to Naruto anymore. They got used to his presence and absences that they have accepted the fact that some days they wouldn't even see a single glance of the blond haired boy for weeks and weeks. Either the boy was really good at evading or they stopped noticing him again. Both ways are good with Naruto, he didn't really feel any comfort from the attention of his siblings anymore. Not when he had gone without that attention for many many years.

Today had been a really bad day for Naruto. He had been tripped multiple times by people in the school hallway, hearing them giggle or snicker as he hit the floor with his books scattered. As Naruto would proceed to pick up his books, they would step on his books as they passed. Some would kick him and pretend they didn't see him kneeling on the ground to pick up his belongings. Naruto got to class with cuts and bruises on his arms and face. Whispers broke out throughout the classroom. Naruto sighed at that as he spotted his best friend who narrowed his eyes at him. Naruto approached.
"Why did you say that?" Sasuke asked, sounding almost... angry.
"Say what?"
"You said that you think she might be cheating. Why would you say that? Sakura would never."
"I'm just telling you. It's a hunch." Naruto said, not getting why Sasuke was so angry. He had clearly told Sasuke it was a hunch. Sakura probably babbled it when Sasuke told her. He tells her everything now. Sasuke no longer goes to Naruto for anything. "She's isn't the problem, don't be an idiot. You're just seeking attention." Sasuke snarled, upset that his best friend is trash talking his girlfriend. "You don't understand anything at all. I don't understand why Itachi likes you. I don't understand why I'm friends with you. You always make shit up and run away from your problems. This is why you are weak, you can't handle anything or do anything right!" Sasuke said in a fit of anger. Naruto froze. He hadn't known that Sasuke thought of him like this. Naruto bowed his head down. "I'm. I'm truly sorry for all the time I've wasted." Naruto apologized politely with a bow before he got up from his seat and rushed out the door. Sasuke stared at Naruto in shock. He hadn't expected all that to just spew out from his own mouth. He didn't mean to be so mad at Naruto. He didn't realize Naruto would take it this badly that he just. Left.

Sasuke's right. I am basically useless, I can never really get things right. Even when trying to help, I can mess up when trying to help too. I honestly don't understand why Itachi likes me either. I do run away from my problems a lot huh. Naruto thought to himself as he walked aimlessly. He had left school grounds after declaring he felt ill at the nurse. I wonder if they'll be happier if I'm gone. Naruto was so lost in his thoughts he hadn't realize he had ended up in the park, where he had his first date with Itachi. Naruto pulled out his phone to check if there was any text from Itachi for a message he had sent in the morning but there was no reply. Maybe he's busy. Naruto reasoned with himself. Or he hates your guts. A voice whispered. Naruto shook his head. Itachi said he loves him.

It has been a week since the incident, Sasuke never saw a single sight of Naruto. As for Naruto, on the other hand, he has been trying to contact Itachi but the man never replied. Why is he ignoring my texts? Did I do something wrong? Naruto questioned himself. He sat in his room brooding. He looked at his desk and something reflective caught his eye. It was one of his penknives that he left lying around from a school project before. Naruto clenched his fist. He had stopped cutting a while ago after he met Itachi he stopped. He promised the man he would stop. But it really tempting right now.
No no no. Stop. STOP. Naruto internally screamed at himself as the urge got stronger and stronger. Naruto's fingers wrapped around the penknife. His hand shook as he looked at the blade and then at his arm. He didn't want to do it. He didn't mean to break his promise but his body moved of its own accord and his mind was blank, all his focus on what he was doing.
Naruto stared at his arms. Crimson red streaks lined them and red beads form on the streaks. Some deeper than others. Some just barely a scratch. Naruto sighed to himself as he went to clean up. What have I done? I'm exactly like Sasuke said. I'm always running away.