Chapter 3

Menma didn't know how to help his own little brother. The kid did not even want to talk to him, and kept to himself mostly. Whenever he called out to his brother, the boy would flinch and quickly rush up into the room without responding. Naruto used to be such a bright bubbly boy around the house. He never noticed when it changed but when he did notice, the change was too sudden and difficult to register. He doesn't know what to do with Naruto. Heck, he can't even remember when his brother's birthday was just because it was never celebrated. He even bought his brother presents since a while back for his birthday but he doesn't know when his birthday is so he doesn't know how to give it to Naruto. 

Menma jerked with the sudden horrifying realization. They never celebrated Naruto's birthday... They never. They never celebrated Christmas with him. They never celebrated New Year with him. They never celebrated any holidays with him... Menma let out cry of anguish, making his two sisters and parents rush to him immediately. "What's wrong Menma?" Kushina asked worriedly. Just as Menma was about to answer, the front door opened and Naruto quietly stepped in. He shut the door so quietly that they wouldn't have noticed he came home if they hadn't been dead silent waiting for Menma to reply.  Kushina ignored him and turned back to her other son. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Kushina screeched, making Naruto flinch back extremely violently. Menma and his two sister blinked in shock at the violent flinch that both their parents ignored as they lectured him about being out without permission. "Mother, Father. I asked Naruto to out to help me get something. Ahri and Kaguya also did as him to get something so that's why he took so long." Menma said, watching his brother's face while has parents' attention are on him. Naruto's teary eyes widened as if shocked and horrified. 

Why is Menma helping me? What in the world? He would never help me... Does he want something from me? I guess I have no choice but to stick around to find out later.  Naruto thought as he eyed his siblings with a stare that made them shiver slightly. It was such a calculating glance that made them uncomfortable with it. Naruto never looked at them like that before... Maybe he did but they just never noticed. 

Why is he so distant from us? How did we not notice it? I am his sister for God's sake, I am suppose to be taking care of him. I never see him around the house though. Why? Why do i not remember seeing him around the house much? Ahri stifled her gasp when she realised something. She rarely sees him around the house because he never joined them for any family activities. They never ate at the dining table together. They never watched TV together. Never played with the game consoles or the games in the game room together. Their family time was never family... it was just them... they never spent it with Naruto. And and... She always dismissed him whenever he is asking for help. She was almost about to cry when she thought about it. Ahri watched as her parents relaxed slightly before turning back to face a stiff Naruto. "You better watch it young man. I will not tolerate this kind of misbehavior from you." Kushina warned, making the three older Namikazes kids frown. Naruto did not even do anything wrong. They have never gave him a curfew to come home. They never gave any of them much of a curfew. It was just make sure you tell them where you gonna be and what time you going to be home. Menma looked at the time. It was only 4pm, it is not even dark yet why is mother so harsh on Naruto? The two adults left the children in the room as they went back to their previous activity of being a couch potato. 

Naruto quickly dropped his head to stared at the ground, avoiding his parents' gazes. They always look at him like that. They are always angry at him.  I messed up again didn't I? Naruto thought to himself as Kushina sounded like she almost hissed at him for arriving into the house and dare to be in the same room as they are. Naruto nodded, not daring to breathe as he waited for some sort of punishment. He was grateful when they walked away. Naruto dared a peek at his siblings. He bowed at them, making them stare at him in absolute horror. "Thank you for helping me." Naruto said as if they did not have to do anything for him as his older siblings. "I will find a way to repay all your kindness. Thank you." Naruto said softly, keeping his head bowed and his voice respectful. He quickly straightened and shuffled out the room so quickly they didn't have time to react before he was gone. 

"Dammit! We just lost our opportunity to talk to him again!" Menma cursed softly. Ahri and Kaguya frowned at each other. They really need to sort it out with Naruto. His actions when facing their parents was already suspicious, and then he was so respectful that it made them flinch so hard they almost fell over.