The glaring inconsistency within Ruby Rose's story

Today boys in girls we will be talking about the glaringly obvious if you are looking inconsistency within Ruby's story when you look from volume 4 onwards.

With the tragic death of Monty Oum on February 1, 2015 the series has obviously taken a hit with fight quality, however no character has been more affected than Ruby Rose.

Her semblance confirmed from Volume 1 to 3 was Speed confirmed by Monty Oum himself but in volume 4 it has gone off the rails with her semblance being quote rose petal manipulation/transformation. 

Here is why that her semblance should still be speed.

Creator made her semblance speed.

It was stated by Pyrrha to be speed without any sign from Ruby showing it wasn't like telling her no. Ruby has nothing to gain from hiding her semblance from Pyrrha and it is against her character.

The inconsistency starts from a panel which is non canon considering it didn't happen in the show during RTX Australia 2016 when Ruby states Qrow helped her discover her semblance and when Qrow states that some people can manipulate Rose petals during volume 4/5. 

Here is the inconsistency even taking into account that Qrow had helped her discover her semblance it would have had to been before volume 1. The reason is it is confirmed that Qrow was her teacher at Signal academy as according to Ruby in volume 1. Which it was stated as speed in that same volume by Pyrrha. No reaction saying otherwise.

It happens before volume 1 even in the Red trailer as the Beowolves explode into Rose petals as a piece of symbolism. Rose petals represented blood within the trailer. The Red trailer should be considered a dream as stated by the song. Red like roses (blood) fills my dreams and bring me to the place you rest.

If Qrow helped her discover her semblance and it wasn't stated that semblances could evolve until volume 5 by Ozpin then why was Ruby's semblance speed in the volume 1. It is because a writer changed a key component of Ruby's character after Monty's death and forced it attempting to go unnoticed as fact.

Ruby is not a character that would hide something from her friends the only one to have done this in the show is Blake, though her story is more complex and is completely understandable.