Rehashed Theory number 1. Is Neo Mute?

Everyone knows Neo doesn't speak or if you watch RWBY you do if you haven't you shouldn't be reading this far due to spoilers.

To really show if she is mute we have to find the definition of it as it would be referred to according to the context when saying Neo is mute is a adjective.

Definition according to dictionary.com Adj definition. There are two of which are relevant number one and three. Two is wrong and I will show you later how it is so.

1. Silent, Refraining from speech or utterance.

2.Not uttering sound of any kind or emitting sound of any kind.

3. incapable of speech; dumb.

I am going to discuss all three of these in detail starting with one.

How number one is wrong is because Neo has been shown to yelp and make sounds. Utterance is the word that makes it wrong. Utterance's definition is The sound of speech, cries or any type of sound.

She has been shown to yelp which doesn't require the use of vocal chords. What yells, yelps and cries require is just the intake of air in the lungs and the sharp exhale of air from the lungs. 

So we can scratch one off.

2. Is wrong because she does utter cries and yelps and such. There is no more I can say on the topic of two.

3. She is incapable of speech; dumb. Before anyone says anything she is not dumb by any means I just gave you all the definition as it was written.

People who are mute cannot speak. A real famous case of a mute who eventually learned to speak was Helen Keller. She was perfectly capable of crying and making sounds of that sort.

Now you may be asking yourself how do people become mute?

Most commonly a person is born mute as well as deaf but in rare cases there are people born just mute.

As we can see Neo can understand people. She is able to hear Roman so she is not deaf. 

To be frank with you all. She was either born mute or she has been through trauma of which we have not been shown.

That's all for this rehashed RWBY Theory guys. Thanks for reading.