Something's Gotta Give [A Niall Horan Love Story.] 16

"Boo!" A voice screeched into my air, sending some pretzels to the ground. My hand swung by my soda and thankfully missed it but I wouldn't have minded if it landed on his head.

 "Marcus, you jerk!" My hand slapped him across the head and he snickered as he rubbed his head and then proceeded to wrap his arms around me tightly from behind, resting his chin on top of my head.

 "Happy Halloween, Soph," He greeted.

 "It's not Halloween yet," I corrected.

 "It nearly is and you know since it's Halloween week, I'm just preparing you," He shrugged and I nudged his chest and he squealed but never let go of me.

"Hey guys," Jade greeted as she bounded into the kitchen, taking the empty stool beside me at the breakfast counter. I smiled at her as she smiled and looked at Marcus with a cute smile too.

"Rehearsals over already?" Marcus asked Jade.

"Yes. Tulisa said we were doing pretty good," Jade shrugged.

"No need to brag," Marcus kidded. Jade narrowed her eyes at him playfully and I laughed.

"Who's we? Rhythmix or Little Mix?"I played.

 "Little Mix," Jade winked. Tulisa had changed their name from Rhythmix to Little Mix after something about some charity. It was awesome what they were doing. "How's Alexandra?"

 "Insane. She's one of the nicest, most beautiful people I've ever met," I confessed. Alexandra Burke was my mentor this week. She was filling in for Kelly who had called me to inform me she was sick. I wished her the best and I knew it was going to be difficult without Kelly but I had to do her proud and I planned on working my ass off this week to make sure I stayed strong in this competition and from what Alexandra was saying, I chose a good song. My song this week? Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. Matt Cardle had sung it last week during Halloween week too and he won the competition so I had my fingers crossed it was good luck or something.

 "There's a murderer in the house!" Craig hollered as he ran into the kitchen followed by a 'scared' looking Kitty.

 "Nice try. I already scared Sophie," Marcus said, narrowing his eyes at them. I laughed, nudging him.

Everyone was trying to scare everyone. It was rather pathetic how far we were going with our so called 'tricks' but it was hilarious. The funniest had to be when Janet, Misha, and I ganged up and pranked everyone else. It soon went from friends to who was in your category and it was insane. We were yet to be defeated for scariest trick. But mine was soon to come and it would not be funny. At all.

"Did you hear who's performing tonight?" Misha asked as Janet, Misha, and I sat in our dressing room, letting the artists do our crazy, intricate make up.

"Nicole Scherzinger, right?" I asked.

"And Cher Lloyd," She nodded.

 "That's co- Cher Lloyd?" Janet and Misha turned to me in confusion.

"You don't like her?" Misha asked.

 "Never listened to her.." I lied, "And wouldn't really care to either," I muttered with a roll of my eyes, letting Mandy continue doing my curls. We had gone for a vampire-ish look, Mandy said. It wasn't like actually vampire. It was pale but gorgeous. She made me look beautiful, just like she always did so I wasn't complaining.

 Cher fucking Lloyd was here? Cher Lloyd was performing? OF ALL THE PEOPLE. It just had to be the girl who ruined my relationship. The girl who completely destroyed me. The girl who assisted my boyfriend in breaking my heart. Lovely. She's the most wonderful person in the world. I couldn't wait to see her again. This time she won't be locking lips with my boyfriend. My boyfriend? My ex.