Something's Gotta Give [A Niall Horan Love Story.] 3

After spending an entire afternoon with Emelia shopping and going out to lunch, we agreed it had been long enough for the boys to be done with recording. They had explained it was their first day recording since the X Factor had ended and we had excitedly woken up this morning to cheer them on and get them ready for the day. Groaning and moaning, they unwillingly got out of bed but then thanked us repeatedly when they found out we made them breakfast.

"Hello?" A voice greeted through the other end of my phone. It snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Lou! How'd recording go? Are you guys done?" I questioned eagerly.

"Yes, we are done," He replied, "And it was good! Niall misses you though!"

There was a lot of shouting in the background and then a lot of groans and thumps and bangs. I listened intently after it fell silent for a moment. I heard heavy, out-of-breath breathing and then I could basically feel someone ready to talk into the phone after beating up Louis.

"Hey Sophie! Louis was just kidding! I mean not that I don't want to kiss you! WAIT! I MEAN! Not that I didn't miss you," Niall's Irish accent stuttered nervously. I giggled into the phone, putting a hand to my mouth as I glanced at Emelia who sent me a confused look, cocking her head to the side. I held a finger up.

"Well I miss you too, Niall," I pitched in. I swore I heard a sigh of relief before speaking again, "So what are you guys doing? Em and I were wondering if you guys wanted to come over? We'll have ice cream." I bribed.

"Sounds great! We'll be there in ten!" Niall said excitedly, "See you soon, Soph!"

"Bye Niall," I chirped, "Oh and Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to kiss you too."

"Wha-" I hung up, letting the beep cut off his voice as Emelia screamed loudly throughout my entire house, eyes wide and jaw slacked as she finished. She shoved me against the couch, rocking me back and forth as she cheered my name loudly and finally pinning me to the couch, looking me in the eye.

"I want to kiss you too? I want to kiss you too? Sophie Victoria Reed, I want to know everything that was spoken during that phone call now," Emelia ordered, pointing at me accusingly.

"Louis said recording went good and then that Niall missed me. Then Niall beat up Louis, I reckon. And then he said Louis was kidding and then said 'not that I don't want to kiss you' and then said he meant to say he missed me and yeah," I explained.

"Get it in, Soph!"

I hit her and then we got some ice cream, sitting on the sofa as we flipped through channels. We both really didn't care how we looked.Our hair was tied up on the top of our head in a messy bun. I even had my glasses on which was shocking, because I always had my contacts in. I wore a pair of yoga pants with a loose off-the-shoulder purple top that revealed my left shoulder. I had a blanket wrapped around me, my spoon digging into a tub of mint chocolate chip ice cream.

"Honey, I'm home!"

"In here, you idiots!" Emelia called. There were footsteps and five boys stepped into the room. They looked a little tired and looked at the ice cream in our hands, pouting at the fact we looked comfy and cozy with a tub of ice cream as they wore jeans and t-shirts, "Go change into sweats. We're not going to a party. Jeez."

It took the boys about ten minutes to return in a pair of sweats and sweatshirts. I told them where the ice cream was and returned my gaze to the television screen. A body hopped over the couch, plopping beside me. I turned my head to see Niall who sent me an innocent smile. I cocked my eyebrow at him. 

"You want my ice cream, don't you?" I questioned. He nodded and I smiled, scooting over so we were hip-to-hip. He called for someone to get him a spoon and Liam returned with one for him. I unwrapped the blanket from my body, wrapping it around Niall's legs as well. We had the tub between us, picking at it, fighting for who got the first scoop, "Ladies first!"

"Ah, you got me there," Niall admitted and withdrew his hand. I smiled triumphantly, getting a scoop and placing it in my mouth, smiling at him with my mouth closed. He chuckled and took his own scoop. 

"Now they're sharing blankets and ice cream. What's next? Saliva?" Harry kidded. 

"If you keep talking like that, you'll be sharing your space with my fist," I snapped. 

"As bad of a threat that was, I do believe Sophie just owned you," Liam stated, causing everyone to laugh besides Harry who stuck his tongue out and then pointed at me, as if threatening me silently. An arm wrapped around my shoulders, pulling me into their body.

"You touch Sophie and I'll rip your head off, Styles," Niall threatened. I giggled into Niall's shoulder, my laughter coming out muffled as everyone else laughed. I looked up at Niall and he looked down at me, smiling. His smile was so contagious, I had to smile back. 

"So what are we watching here, Soap?" Louis questioned, looking from the television to me. I pointed to the screen with the remote in my hand, looking at Louis.

"We're watching.. I don't know," I admitted. They all laughed as I began flipping through channels before we settled on watching some comedy movie that the boys pleaded on letting us watch. I scooped some ice cream onto my spoon and turned to Niall who turned his head to me. He opened his mouth, leaning forward, asking for the scoop of ice cream, "What? Am I feeding you now?"

He nodded and I laughed. I placed the spoon in his mouth and he took it off the spoon and I took the spoon out. He chewed once and swallowed, smiling at me widely. I giggled, hitting his chest playfully and got some ice cream except ate it before he could ask for it. He frowned and I scooped up some ice cream, "Open up!" He smiled and then opened up, laughing as I placed the spoon in his mouth.

"Look, Harry, they really are sharing saliva," Liam announced. Everyone turned to us as we laughed. I stuck my tongue out at them childishly as Niall's arm locked around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him.

"Don't be jealous because I have Sophie," He scoffed jokingly. We all laughed and then continued watching the movie. 

After a while, I got all of the ice cream tubs and spoons and headed into the kitchen. I placed the ice cream tubs that weren't empty back in the freezer and then went to put the spoons in the dish washer. As I turned around, I jumped, putting a hand to my heart.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, love," Niall said gently.

"It's alright. I was just caught off guard," I reassured. He walked closer over to me and I hopped onto the counter. He leaned against the opposite counter, "So how are you?"

"I'm wonderful, how are you?" He responded.

"Lovely, thank you for asking."

"Will you dance with me?" He blurted out. My eyes looked at them, eyebrows furrowing together.

"Excuse me?" I asked in shock. I saw his cheeks flush pink and held back the urge to giggle.

"Come on," He pushed off of the counter, extending his hands to me. I hopped off the counter, taking his hands. He led me to the middle of the kitchen, resting one hand on my hip, holding the other in the air. I hesitantly put my hand on his shoulder, the other lacing together with his. He started off slow, moving our bodies ever so slightly from side to side.

"You're a great dancer," I beamed after a comfortable silence. He chuckled and I rested my head on his shoulder, our bodies molding even closer, and we talked gently, our bodies just moving from side to side. 

"Hey Sophie?" Niall asked. I picked my head up from his shoulder, looking up at him. I got lost in his ocean blue eyes, the look in them leaving me breathless, "Can I.." He didn't even finish as he leaned in closer. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel his breath on my lips. My heart raced. My butterflies multiplied. My pulse quickened.

"Wait, Niall, no," I interrupted. He stopped, looking at me, "I can't. I'm sorry. I.. I'm sorry." 

I don't know why I did it or what came over me. I just walked away. More like ran from the kitchen and up the stairs to my room, slamming my door shut after me. Never once thinking about how he felt. How I had just rejected his kiss to his face.