Chapter 2 - "Glowing"

Note:

This chapter will be edited soon. Feel free to skip over any of the parts you don't like, I totally get it, because I absolutely hate this chapter and wrote it when I clearly wasn't in my right senses. Chapter 3 has been edited, so trust me, it does get better. DON'T LEAVE ME BECAUSE OF MY AWFUL MISTAKES!

-

-

-

I look at him with shock and fear in my eyes.

"G-Gone? T-That isn't- No- I mean... He can't be..." I say looking away, completely lost for words.

"He is Eve. But you know what you learn to do in this world? You learn to move on. People die, Eve. That's life." Ethan says under his breath, still staring straight ahead.

There was no way I was staying a car with this jerk. Yeah, he saved me. But you could just tell this guy had issues.

"Stop the car." I murmur, looking at him.

"What?" He now turns his head towards me, looking confused.

"I SAID STOP THE CAR." I shout at him, obviously shocking him a bit making him jump. The car comes to an immediate stop and I grab my backpack from the floor.

"What are you doing?" He says, with a hint of anger in his voice.

"I'm getting out. I don't want to be in the same car as you any longer." I say, attempting to open the door, but he presses a key button on his door and it locks.

"Really? A child lock?" I look him, with a smirk spread across his face.

"Well you clearly need to be treated like one. You aren't leaving. You'll die out there." He says with humor in his tone, starting the car back up and continuing to drive down the highway.

"Fine then. Take me back to North Wall." I say, crossing my arms.

"No." He replies, still driving straight ahead.

"Yes." I look at him, completely frustrated.

"No."

"Yes."

"IT'S GONE EVE!" He shouts, slamming on the breaks and looking at me.

"NORTH WALL, IS GONE. THE CORRUPTED ATTACKED IT EARLIER TODAY. I HEARD THE SIRONS, AND RUSHED THERE TO SEE WHAT ALL THE COMMOTION WAS. THAT'S HOW I FOUND YOU! LOOK, THEY'RE DEAD EVE. THEY'RE ALL DEAD."

For a minute, I swear my heart stops. Tears fill my eyes and I stare out the window.

We sit there in silence for a moment, until Ethan finally clears his throat.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-

"It's fine. Can we just get to the safe house?" I say, still staring out the window with a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Eve..."

"You know what, just let me out." I shout, wiping the tears from my eyes and grabbing my bag from the ground again.

"Eve. Don't move." He says, staring not at me, but out the window behind me.

"What?" I look at him confused.

Cautiously, he attempts starting up the engine... but nothing happens. He curses under his breath and attempts to start it up again. He then turns to me slowly, whilst pulling something from under his seat.

"Eve, very slowly spread your legs." He says whilst still looking behind me. I turn around to see what he's looking at, but he grabs my shoulder stopping me.