Chapter 35 - "Playing Games..."

I awaken.

The feeling of puncture wounds down my neck, back, arms and legs had suddenly become accustomed to me, as I stare down at the familiar metal cuffs around my wrists. Which, might I add, had been doubled in thickness since my previous escape. I guess they decided to make it a bit more restraining for me.

But boy, do I love a good challenge.

I glance up at the cameras in the right hand corner, giving them a quick smirk before flinging my wrists upwards, using every bit of strength I had to break free.

The cuffs resist quickly with something suddenly pushing my hands down, sending several piercing razor blades into my skin. As I pushed harder, the teeth sank in further, as I gave out a shriek of pain. Warm blood cascades in waterfalls down my hands, as the blades remained in my skin.

"You may want to stop fighting, Evelyn." Her voice startles me at first, sending cool chills down over my skin as I slowly turned to look at her.

"Lilith. What a pleasure." I narrow my eyes, gritting my teeth through the pain erupting from my wrists.

She smiles at me, folding her arms and stepping closer, "You know, I'm starting to think you enjoy this. The whole 'torture' prospect."

"What can I say," I shrug, giving her a sly smirk, "Gets the adrenaline going."

Lilith pauses, stepping closer, "You are aware that at any given moment I could kill you, yes?"

I raise my eyebrows, smiling sweetly, "Absolutely." I shrug, "But you won't."

I sit back against the bed, as her face slowly falls.

"And why is that?"

"Oh come on, Lilith," I sit up, "It's no secret that you need me. I'm a key factor in whatever master plan you've got going here, to kill me off would be quite a silly move – if you ask me."

Lilith stops in her tracks, unfolding her arms and leaning closer, "What game are you playing, Evelyn?"

"I'm not playing any game, Lilith." I tilt my head, narrowing my eyes, "That scares you, doesn't it? That I'm willing to lose it all – to call your bluff."

I see the anger twitch in her eyes as she slams her hands down over either side of me.

"You don't seem to realise I can make your life a living hell."

"You don't seem to realise I've got nothing to lose anymore – you made sure of that." I spat back, sitting up whilst in my restricted state.

She pauses for a moment, studying my face before slowly retracting, stepping away from me.

"There's something you need to understand," She says, stepping slowly towards the door. "If you try to fight me – if you try to resist – it won't end lightly for you, Evelyn. I have eyes everywhere."

She opens the door, "When it comes to games – make no mistake," She steps out, "I always win."

<><>

Hours after Lilith's disappearance I was visited by a nurse, who'd cleaned up my wrists and taken off my constraints. Perhaps they figured I wouldn't go on any more rampages after Lilith's threatening speech.

My eyes flick to the door as a sudden figure approaches. Lee.

"I've got a surprise for you." He says, stepping into the room and striding happily towards the hospital bed.

"Oh, goody. Because all the surprises so far have been incredible." I smirk sarcastically, cynically rolling my eyes as I fold my arms in amusement.