"Good morning," her morning voice was rough and sexy. I tried to dismiss it but found my throat dry. 

"Good morning." I smiled at her. 

"How'd you sleep."

"Good, I needed it." I said to her. 

"Me too," she rolled from bed, "let's go get breakfast. I'm starving." We walked into the kitchen and mom shot us a look. I shook the look off and started frying eggs while Cecilia cooked pancakes on the griddle. My brother walked into the kitchen holding his head and groaning. 

"Hang over?" Cecilia asked him.

"Yeah, sucks you couldn't have come last night."

"I was alright here." She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Take some headache medicine," I handed him the bottle, "but with water. And drink the whole bottle." 

"Thanks." He mumbled and sat down at the bar. Cecilia and I finished breakfast as brisk as possible, and served Viper first. He needed it more than we did. We gathered our food and I went to the back porch to eat, it was beautiful out. I slid the door closed behind me and was surprised to hear Cecilia yell for me to halt. I stopped and she came with me to the porch. She sat across from me, and we ate in silence for a few minutes. 

"I'm sorry." She said with a mouth full of purple grapes and toast. 

"What for?" I asked, stuffing a few grapes in my own mouth. 

"For still spending time with me after the terror I've put you through."

"What terror?"

"Well, the torture, and the kissing, and the cuddles, and the liking you and Viper both."

"Hey," I said gently and stuffed a couple more grapes into my mouth to make the next sentence a little muffled, "I'd rather be friends than be nothing at all." 

"Me too, but it's not going to be easy." She whispered gently. 

"What do you mean?"

"Fighting the urge to kiss you, wanting to cuddle with you, trying to restrain myself from holding your hand, having to stand next to you at your mother's wedding, being at your house nearly every day, trying to be just merely civil with you." 

"You're right," I said to her, "It won't be easy, and it might not even be worth it, but I'll do it."

"Me too." She said again in the same tone as last time, "I'm sorry for making it hard."

"For making what hard?"

"The transition from straight to gay or bisexual." I shuddered at her saying it out loud. I knew I wasn't straight, but I didn't even want to begin to think about whether I was gay or just bisexual. I knew both would make it nearly impossible to return to the life I had been living, and either one would put physical or mental strain on anything I might chose to do in the future. 

"I don't mind," I looked her over. The summer breeze was tossing her hair back over one shoulder and she was smiling at me with all of her perfect teeth showing. I fought the urge to complain, or mumble curses for agreeing to just be friends with her. "I'm glad it happened. I'd rather know now then never know and fake the rest of my life." 

"I guess so." She took the last bite of her toast and I stuffed an entire piece in my mouth. I took out my phone and checked if Savannah had replied to me at all. She hadn't it. I sent her a bitter text, and hoped she read it in my bitch pitch. It said:

"Hey, I didn't realize you making the team as a favor to Bella would make me invisible. I needed you, whenever you remember me. Text me. I need to go out." I was surprised that she replied so quickly.