Prelude

The metal door opened, letting a rare warmth into the cold dark room in which the young boy was being held in. Multiple men in lab coats entered the room, turning on bright lights that pierced the previous darkness. 

The young boy's eyes slowly fluttered open at the change of his environment. 

An older man walked towards him, clipboard in hand, and spoke to him in a sort of mocking tone. 

"Ah. So you're awake." 

The boy on the ground didn't respond. Instead, he shifted his arms and legs, as if trying to stand. However, the boy was chained to the ground, unable to get up. 

The old doctor sighed at the sight. 

"Ah. You know you can't leave. We still need you. The Faunus still need you. She still needs you. I wish to stay on our maiden's good side. Wouldn't you?"

Still no response from the boy. 

"Ah, now. I know you can speak, Patient Zero. Can you talk to me?" 

No response. He body was limp, almost as if he was dead. 

The other scientists in the back wrote furiously on their clipboards, recording data from the doctor's impromptu experiment. 

"Ah... Clean this mess up. I almost slipped on all the blood from last time." 

The light turned off and the large metal door began to close. All the light and warmth began to disappear from the room. 

Soon, the boy was all alone. 

"Who am I?"

____________________________________

The elevator to Professor Ozpin's office opened and out came four young girls. 

"Welcome, Team RWBY," said Professor Ozpin, looking out the large window and down to the courtyard of the magnificent Beacon Acadamy. 

"Did you call us here for something?" asked Ruby.

"Indeed I did" 

"Are we in trouble?" said Weiss, "Has Ruby done something bad?"

"Hey!"

"No, No. You girls are not in trouble," said Professor Opzin, "I wanted to ask you if you girls wanted to partake in a very special mission."

"Yes!" shouted Ruby 

"Wait, you don't even know what we're doing," said Yang. 

"Doesn't matter!" 

"If you're up to it," said Ozpin, "I would like you to investigate a White Fang research lab towards the East of Forever Falls. 

Blake, the fourth member of Team RWBY, shifted at the mention of the White Fang. 

"We're up for it," said Blake. 

"Hm. Glynda has more information waiting for you downstairs. I'll call a bullhead to transport you to your location" 

"Okay!" said Ruby as the team walked away. 

Once the girls had left, Ozpin leaned back into his seat and let out a sigh.

"Hopefully..."

____________________________________

The metal door opened once more to reveal the same group of scientists there, however, an additional person was there too. 

It was a woman. A woman white skin, white hair, and blood red eyes. 

A chilling cold filled the room as a smirk traveled across her face.