"We agreed that we could meet whenever either of us wanted, I wanted." She smiled at me shyly and I tucked her into my arm. 

"Vivian? Who's that?"

"A friend, I'm going out mom." I ushered her to the driveway and felt the relief as I had remembered to put the keys into my pocket this morning. I got in the car and Bella looked at me as she climbed in. 

"What was that about?" 

"I haven't told her I'm-" I stopped, "whatever I am." 

"Lesbian?" She said the word and I was slightly disgusted by it. I didn't want to be, and the fact that I probably was made me sick. I shut my eyes and started the car.

"Yeah, that." I pulled from the driveway, "Where do you feel like going?" 

"I don't know," she said slowly and I realized I might have hurt her with the tone I took towards lesbian, "I don't care." I sighed and stopped the car. The anger was boiling under my skin, and I gripped the wheel hard to keep from shaking. She realized the state I was in and got out of the car. I killed the engine and got out of the car too. She looked me over from across the car and I was curious as to what she was thinking but knew not to ask because of the way my voice would sound. "Let's go for a walk." She suggested and I walked around to her, breathing heavily to keep myself calm. She took my hand and I could feel the noticeable temperature of my skin against hers. She looked an afflicted and continued walking. 

"I'm sorry." I said at last and my voice cracked. I frowned and she looked me over. I felt the tears welting and I let go of her hand. 

"What is it?" She asked. 

"Bella," I started, "you're really nice, and you're adorable. You make my heart skip beats, but it's not fair of me to be anything with you."

"What?" She asked, slowly as she raised an eyebrow. 

"I can't be with you," I said, "I'm sorry." 

"Why?" She was braver than I would have been and I felt bad in destroying a child. 

"I think I love Cecilia." She looked at me sadly. 

"I understand," she said, "she's more grown up than I am, even if we're the same age. Right?" I thought it over and nodded. It was accurate of her to assume and I shut my eyes. 

"I'm so sorry." She shook her head. 

"Don't bother being sorry." She turned from me and walked towards her house. It had to be a half an hour walk and I walked after her. 

"Hey," I stopped her, "listen." She stopped and listened as I had asked.

"Listening." She said impatiently. Tears were in her eyes, and I felt the hatred growing by the minute. 

"Let me give you a ride, we can talk it over a bit more."

"I don't need your pity right," I stopped her and pressed my foreheard into hers and she looked at me. I pressed my lips to hers gently and held her close to me.

"It's not, I might love Cecilia, but I still like you. I'd be with you if it were right, I don't want to hurt you." 

"I understand." I kissed her again gently. 

"Stay right here, let me get my car." She nodded and I ran back to the house. I pulled the car the rest of the way from the driveway and pulled up to her. She climbed into the car and I pulled off towards her house. 

"Thank you for the ride," she nodded.

"No problem, please don't hate me."

"I don't." She whimpered.