Chapter 13; The girl in detention, and the intelligent boy

Mulai dari awal

"Goddamn it," I murmured to myself as I watched her walking out, putting my head back down on the table.

Just as I was about to hit myself unconscious, the door opened.

"Twenty more minutes, I got it!"

"That's good, 'cus I wanna go home already." I heard Klay's voice, making me raise my head. "What are you doing?" I asked Klay and Caleb. "We were waiting for you so you can join us; we're going to Thomas' house." I crocked a brow. "Why am I joining you?" I looked at Klay as he came towards me.

"Just because," was his brilliant answer. I rolled my eyes. "Because what...?" he didn't replay to me afterwards.

Then, he stood in front of the board and looked at me. "Today, we are going to learn about World War 2!" I face palm instently, shaking my head and mumbeling, "oh no".

"Klay, maybe you should just-" "Did I just hear you talking, Mr. Owen?" Klay looked at Caleb, sending him a scolding look. Caleb in return blinked, frowning at his friend. "Are you serious?" I sighed, looking at them bantring. At least this way those last twenty minutes will be over before I know it.

Or so I hoped.

*

When the detention was finally over, I made my way out of the school as fast as I could to get away from Klay. I also made sure to tell my aunt I was walking about in the city, because I knew she wouldv'e become suspicious other wise. Telling her I was at the library was also a big no-no.

"Rhi, hang on!" I silently cursed. Unfortunally, Klay was a lot faster then me. "Come with us, Rhi, we're going over to Thomas!" I lifted a brow. "No, I don't know that guy." I told him and started to walk past him, though he came around and blocked me. "You know me! And Caleb, and Reagan!" Klay exclaimed. "Caleb is going as well?" I asked, a bit suprised. He nodded eagrly, understanding that this might be the only reason I'll go.

And that, is how I found myself in the same car as Klay and Caleb.

"It's just me myself and I! Solo ride until I die!-" "Oh my god," I said, looking at Caleb who sat next to me at the back sit of Klay's car.

"Just shut your goddamn trap, you son of-mhhmm!" I gave Caleb a look as his hand blocked my mouth. Klay looked at me through his mirror and gulped, lowering his voice until he was whispering.

I was this close from strangling him- which would've probably ended very badly considering the fact the he was driving.

I huffed, crossing my hands and looking at Caleb as I calmed down. He has nice face. I wonder if he ever dated anyone.

"So, I never actually asked you Caleb but... have you ever dated someone?" His cheeks almost immediately turned pink. Cute. Very cute. I smiled at him, "A girl? A boy? Anyone?" He cleared his throat and shook his head. "W-what about you?"

I noticed Klay's stare over the mirror. "Eyes on the rode, you tool!" I yelled at him. To Caleb I answered, "Nah, as single as it get."

It took us about 10 minutes to arrive at Thomas' house, and I already hit Klay twice. He was really annoying, and I was sure he was the most one out of the bunch.

It was six thirty as we walked to the door. Klay rang the doorbell, and a few seconds later Thomas opened it for us. His eyes passed over us and stopped on me. Though surprisingly enough, only smile and let us through.

I looked over the two floors house. It wasn't as big as mine, and would probably fit a whole family. I wonder who lives here besides Thomas.

"We're going to watch a movie," Thomas said, and when I look at him I realize he was talking to me.

"Good, 'cause movies equal snacks, and I'm so hungry I could probably eat Klay." "Hey!" The red and black haired boy yelled. I paused for a second. "Your hair is pretty." That line must've shocked him. Klay nodded, still staring at me. "Thanks..."

"Is that idiot here already? We've been waiting for an hour for him to-" Reagan eyes fell on me, making him freeze.

"Yo." I greeted. Reagan shook his head and then looked at his friends. "Are you coming? We have 'Sinister 2' on the TV."

"Ooh! Are we watching a horror movie? That's cool! But maybe don't sit close to me, I tend to spill my drink whenever there's a jump-scare."

*

"Wait Rhi, sit next to me!" Klay called from his seat on the coach. I sighed, deciding I better just sit next to him or he'll bother me the whole movie. "Yes!" he calls once I sit down, popcorn in my hand and a can of coke on the other.

At the end, I sat in the corner of the coach' and Klay and Caleb on my left. Thomas, Reagan and Oliver sat on the other couch that was pushed close to ours, which meant Reagan was sitting on my right. Their other friend apparently couldn't make it. As the movie started, Reagan looked at the can in my and suddenly took it, putting it on the nearest table.

"I rather you didn't spill your drink in me." He told me. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought there was a playful tone in his words. "Just as long you keep your hands off of my popcorn, we should get along pretty well, and I promise you won't get any coke in you pants Cute boy." He stared at me for as second and then turned his gaze back to the screen.

As the movies started to roll on and the creepy stuff started to take place, I felt a hand inside my popcorn bowl. "Hey!" I whisper-yelled at Klay, slapping his hand. "Oh come one, just a few!" I gave him a look, then remembered he couldn't see me because the lights were off. "Don't make me punch you," I warned him, which made him move away from me and closer to Caleb.

When then movie came to it finish, a sudden noise was heard, making Klay jump beside me. "What was that?" He asked as screams came from the TV. "Maybe some cats messing around," Thomas said, looking at us. Klay nodded, letting air slowly.

Then, a load bang sounded from the front door, making us all jump. "Now that didn't sound like some cat messing around!" Klay yelled. "Calm down, Klay." Thomas told to his friend, standing up and looking at the windows. "How the hell can I calm down?! What if it's a murderer or or the Boogie-man!" "Klay! For the love of god, calm the f*ck down!" I yelled at him, annoyed at the fact he talked so loudly in my ear. I was quite scared too, especially with the creepy music coming out of the TV.

For a moment, there was a weird silent. Then, we heard some more bangs, this time on the door. Klay yelled, which sounded like a very girly scream.

The door opened, and we heard the steps of the person who entered making his way to us, and then...

The lights came back on and Klay screamed, this time I joined him and we jumped on each other.

"What in the..." The man who entered looked at Klay who I pushed so will let me go, and then at the rest of the boys. "Have you been watching a horror movie again?" He asked, passing a hand through his blonde hair. "I thought we all agree it's not good for Klay." The others mumbled a few words of agreement. Then, his Bluish-gray eyes fell on me. "Who's that?" He asked, nodding his head towards me. "I'm Rhiannon, though you can call me Rhi." He lifted a brow. "Rhiannon?" His turned his gaze towards the boys in question.

"Rhi, this my older brother Grey. Grey, this is Rhi, she recently joined our school." "The Intelligent boy's brother?" "The what?" Grey asked and then shook his head, and before he could say anything, I said; "They want to make sure the school is safe." "Safe?" I nodded, "Safe for girls." He looked suspicious, but then again if it was me I would have been to. I stared blankly at him for a few moments, making him look at the others. "What is she doing?" He asked. "Give her a few seconds," Told him Reagan, looking at the TV screen. After a moment, is blinked. "You look like a dark prince. That shall be your new name." He blinked at me, probably very weirded out. "Is she okay?" Besides me, Reagan let out a small throaty laugh.

"Hey! Why does he get a nickname?!" I pushed Klay face away from him. "Get the hell off of me, you f*cking-"

And that was how I met the intelligent boy's brother.

~*~

Thank you for reading :)

Vote

comment

Follow

StellarK25