[HUMOR] THE MYTH OF WILE E by wednesdaymccool

THE MYTH OF WILE E by wednesdaymccool

The Myth of Wile E. is a riff on the modern obsession with fame and acclaim, as well as a mediation on the artist's place in the modern world, as seen through the eyes of a naive poet who is made simultaneously pathetic and heroic by the pursuit of a singular goal.

In this novel, we meet an assortment of eccentric monomaniacs, from mushroom hunters in search of a legendary truffle, to birders pursuing a possibly-extinct bird, to competitive Duck Stamp artists, to "the World's Foremost Living Statue"...and even a very stubborn spider.

Meanwhile, our narrator--a terrible, yet persistent, poet--battles a ruthless land developer who's determined to acquire the poet's humble property, in an escalating battle of wills that spirals out of control when the media gets involved.

With these quirky events as a backdrop, we gradually learn of the misfortunes that befell each member of the poet's family in their various misguided quests for glory. We also learn why money makes the world go flat, why talent is a white elephant, and what it means for parents to love their children "to pieces." 

 Think of Le Petit Prince, Bugs Bunny and Honey Boo-Boo. Think of the heroes of ancient myths and think of those who hold that stature today. Then think of how a simple tale might reveal the deepest of truths. Superbly crafted and flawlessly presented, The Myth of Wile E is a fun romp through the ridiculousness of pop culture. (BG_Davies)

- Just started on this one - what brilliant stuff it is! Good writing and crammed full of chuckles, with some awesome plays on words. Totally worth your while to read. (MarkAshWood)

- This book is totally awesome! I didn't put it down till I'd finished. It's funny, quirky and all through had lots of moments that are thought-provoking and deep while still staying light-hearted. Not normally the type of genre I read, but I know I going to re-read this book again and again. (Claudiaintheclouds)

Love this book? Add your thoughts in the comments!

Have another recommendation? Submit it in the RECOMMENDATIONS chapter!

Find yourself tagged? Congratulations! Your book has been recommended as a 'must read' on Wattpad! Consider passing the goodwill forward by suggesting a recommendation of your own and giving this book a shout-out!