Chapter 20

Aomine’s POV

A quiet place.

A bouquet of flowers.

Nice suit.

And a table with candle lights and Tetsu’s favorite food and vanilla milkshake.

All that’s missing is Tetsu.

“Aomine-kun, sorry. Did you wait long?”

Tetsu showed up in a nice yet casual clothes. Quite contrast to how formal I was. “It’s alright. Don’t worry about it.” I look behind and tried to look for the annoying red head if he’s with him. “Heh, he really did not follow you, huh?”

“He promised you, right?”

I can’t help but furrow my eyebrows when I remembered my conversation with Akashi last time.

*********

“Akashi, please, just a night with him. Let me confess to him. Let me have a chance.”

“…..”

“Akashi. I think I deserve this chance.”

“Alright. Just promise me that you won’t force him into anything.”

“I will and you better promise that you won’t spy on us.”

“……”

“Akashi.”

“Okay.” He closed his eyes. “I will.”

**********
“Here.” I gave him the bouquet of flowers that I picked and prepared by myself.

“Thank you.” He said as he accepted it. “They’re nice.” He gave me a smile that shot straight to my heart.

“You’re … ah. You’re welcome.” I scratched the back of my head in embarrassment. I can’t believe that I’m still acting like I’m a freaking teenager! “So… You see… I prepared all of this. We should… uh… eat before it gets cold.”

“Okay.” He answered.

We sat by the table and started eating while having small talk. I’m glad that he liked the food that I prepared for him. After we finished waiting I took him on a clearer part of the garden that I took him and we gazed at the stars.

“Testu…”

“Hm?”

“I love you.”

“I know….”

I chuckled at his answer. “I was expecting an ‘I love you’, Tetsu.”

“Aomine-kun….”

“Tetsu, don’t. Please let me talk.” He kept silent as he waited for me to talk. “I… I really am in love with you, Tetsu. Ever since Middle School. But I realized that too late.. I… I thought that you’re always gonna be by my side. That no matter what I do, you’ll always be with me. I never thought that my actions were already pushing you away from me… to Akashi.” I unconsciously clenched my fists. “You could say that my greatest regret in life was when I let you fall for Akashi. If only I never left your side, if only I wasn’t as stubborn as I was… Maybe…  Just maybe, I would be the one by your side. The father of Seiji, Kyouhei and Tatsumi.” I looked at him. “Tetsu, we could still happen. You could still choose me.”

Tears fell down his eyes as he looked at me with his big blue eyes. “Aomine-kun… I’m… sorry. I love you but only as a friend. As a brother. You are really important for me and if I got another chance in life, I would still want you in it.”

“Then why? Why can’t I be more than just a friend?”

“My heart….  My heart and every fiber of my being is screaming for Akashi-kun. I love him. I love him so much that any thought of being with someone else never seemed to endter my mind.” He answered. “I’m sure… I’m sure that there’s someone better for you.”

“No one’s better than you, Tetsu. You complete me. You complete my heart.” I stood up without looking at him. I looked over to where Satsuki’s hiding. By how she looked, I know that she already know that I got rejected. Still, I nodded at her to play that song. For my first and final dance with Tetsu.

“Tetsu, please, let me have this dance.” I asked as I held out my hand to him.

“Sure.” He took my hand and I pulled him up. Putiing my hands around his waist and resting my head against his head. We swayed slowly as the song “So close” played.

You’re in my arms and all the world is calm
The music playing on for only two.
So close together, and when I’m with you
So close to feeling alive

I love him, I love Tetsu so much. Losing to Akashi, again. God… “I really love you, Tetsu…”

“Hm…”

So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this one’s not pretend,
Now you’re beside me and look how far we’ve come
So far we are so close

Oh how could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?

“Tetsu, please, for my sake. Be happy with him.” I asked of him, trying to hide all the pain that’s threatening to flow from my heart.

“You don’t have to ask me that.” He said as he smiled at me. “Thank you for everything, Aomine-kun.” He kissed me on my cheek and then buried his head on my chest. “You would always be my light.”

For we know we are….
So close, so close
And still so far…

**********

We’re nearing the end! Yay!!

I’m looking on finishing this on Tetsu-chan’s birthday! Hopefully I could get it done by then but anyways, thank you for reading!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

‘Til next time!