Chapter 19

Third Person POV

The Next day, the entire Kuroko residence is already up and bouncing, early morning.

The children were giggling and running around happily yelling that they were going somewhere to have a picnic as their Daddy promised them.

“What’s this about a picnic?” Aomine asked as he drowsily sat on the kitchen counter.

“Akashi-kun promised the kids that we will go on a picnic after their birthday.” Kuroko explained as he prepares the food that they will be bringing. “Akashi-kun’s taking us somewhere.”

“Picnic? Why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.

“You didn’t show up this past few days and you’re not answering your phone.”

“Tsk. I’ve got something going on for today. I’ll ask the chief if I could take a day off.” He took his phone out and went out to talk with his boss. At the same time, Akashi came and hug his lover.

“Akashi-kun…”

“What’s up with Daiki?”

“Asking his Chief if he could take the day off and come with us.”

“Oh… Too bad he’s got a lot of work to do for the day.”

“What do you mean?” Kuroko looked back at his lover

“Nothing.” He smirked playfully and pressed his lips on his beloved.

“Damn!” Aomine-kun angrily went back and slump at his chair.

“What’s wrong, Aomine-kun?”

“I’ve got loads of assignment and cases that Chief wants me to review.” He angrily said.
“Then, shouldn’t you be getting ready to go to your work now?” Akashi said as he rests his chin on Kuroko’s shoulder. He flashes a smirk that only Aomine could see.

**********

“This place is really beautiful, Akashi-kun.” Kuroko says as he relaxes beside Akashi under a tree. He was leaning against him. His head on his shoulder and Akashi’s arms was around his waist.

“I only want the best for you and the kids, my love.” He kisses the top of his lover’s head.

“Mommy!” The kids happily called for their ‘mother’. Kuroko smiled at them and lovingly waved his hand.

**********

At Aomine’s Workplace

“Damn! What the hell’s up with this?!” Aomine yelled as he stares at his desk full of papers. “How the hell did I get a stack of paperwork on my desk?!”

“The Chief asked you to review all of this.” Satsuki answered.

“For what reason?! You know more than anyone, Satsuki, that I’m not a paper person!”

“How would I know and by the way, you got an undercover assignment.”

“What?! I’m taking the weekend off for Tetsu’s birthday! Everyone knows that!”

“It’s an order form the higher ups.”

“Damn!” Aomine angrily sat down his chair. “Did Akashi have something to do with it?”

“Akashi-kun?”

“Is he purposely loading me with jobs?” Aomine clenched his fists. “That bastard!”

“Look, Dai-chan. I don’t know what’s with the both of you but Tetsu-kun’s already happy with Akashi-kun. Just let them be together.”

“Why are you taking his side? You’re supposed to take my side!”

“I just want my friends to be happy!”

“What about my happiness then?! You know how much I love Tetsu!”

“Then you should have done your best when he’s within reach rather than dating girls left and right!” Satsuki snapped. “You’ve got five whole years to overwrite his memories with Akashi-kun but instead of pursuing him you chickened out and just did your best being his friend until you broke down and finally confessed to him again!” she said. “And you know what’s worst? You confessed to him dead drunk after your girlfriend for four years broke up with you! Who in their right mind would say ‘yes’ to you?!”

“That’s not fair….” He put his elbow on his desk and buried his face on his hands.

“You’ll find someone else.” Satsuki said as she tried to comfort her friend. “You’ll get over him like I got over Tetsu-kun. You’ll find someone that’ll love you like how I found my husband.”