Chapter 14

Aomine's POV

Fuck!

I messed up!

Why the hell did I have to lose my cool in front of him?! Why the fuck did I have to say all those things to him?! What would I do if he distanced himself and the triplets from me again?!

**##**##**##

Flashback – Two years ago

**##**##**##

"I'm still in love with you, Tetsu." Aomine wholeheartedly confessed to Kuroko.

"Aomine-kun.... I'm sorry, but I've already told you that I can't think of you more than just a friend." Kuroko said.

"But why? It has been two years since that happened to you and Akashi." He said. "Give me a chance, Tetsu. I can be a father to your children. I will love you more than you'll ever hope for. I would never hurt you."

"I'm really sorry... I'm really sorry, Aomine-kun." Kuroko quickly left the amusement park where Aomine took him for his birthday celebration. He immediately went home and called Kagami to ask if he can crash to his place for a few days with his triplets.

Aomine went home that day to a completely empty house.

Without the triplets. Without Kuroko.

They only left a letter behind for him.

Aomine-kun,

I'm really sorry that I can't accept your feelings. I love you, yes, but only as my best friend. As one of my lights. Thank you for staying by my side when I was really down. Thank you for supporting my decisions. Don't ever think that I started hating you. We left because I think that you needed time for yourself. I don't want to take advantage of your feelings. I don't want to make you feel like I am giving you a chance by still staying with you. I know that I'm being rude but I know how hard it is to love someone that won't ever love you back.

We'll see each other again.

Kuroko Tetsuya.

**##**##**##

Present

**##**##**##

I don't want something like that to happen again!

Tsk. What the hell should I do?

Just let them be for a while?

Fuck no!

I know how fast Akashi moves.

I won't let that summer happen again!