Chapter 16

Haley's POV:

(One month later, Louis's B-day)

*Calls Louis*

"Hey you ready? I'm almost to your dorm." "Are you sure you wanna go out on Christmas Eve Haley?" "Yes i'm sure. It's your birthday!" "We could just stay at my dorm ya know." "Louis Tomlinson you better be ready when I get to your dorm I am like 2 minutes away, and we have dinner reservations." "Okay fine you twisted my arm." "Good, Ohh and I'm at your door." "I thought you were 2 minutes away." "I lied." I giggle and hang up the phone and the door opens, "Happy Birthday babe." I say as I lean on the door frame and he starts to laugh, "Come here." he says and pulls me forward and kisses me.

"Well you look rather handsome sir." I chuckle when I back up and look at him, "Why thank you, and you don't look too bad yourself. In fact you're beautiful."he said and kissed my forehead, "Thank you." I grin then he turns and grabs his wallet, "You ready love?" "Yep, lets get a move on." I reply and walk out the door and he locks it then he takes my hand, "Onward love."

After walking for 15 minutes in the cold London air we arrive at the restaurant, "Hales you aren't paying for the food here." "Yes I am. It's part of your birthday stuff." "Haley-" "No. I'm paying that's that. Now come on." I say and tug him forward, "Feisty are we." he chuckles and we walk in the restaurant, "Reservation for Brennan party of two." I say to the hostess and she checks her list then looks up, "Right this way." we follow and are seated in a comfortable spot, "What would you like to drink?" "Umm a bottle of Pinot Grigio." I reply and Louis looks at me with a surprised look, "Coming right up ma'am." the waitress replies and she walks off.

"Haley I thought you didn't drink." "I don't drink beer." "So you drink wine?" "The last time I checked it wasn't a beer.. so yeah I drink wine." "Okay smart ass." he chuckles and reaches for my hand and lifts it to his lips, "Ohh so I just realized our birthdays are exactly one month apart." he said when he lowered my hand, "Holy crap they are, how awesome is that?!" "It's pretty cool!" "Well while we're on birthday talk, do you want you present now or later?" I ask, "Umm whenever you want to give it to me is fine." he replies then our waitress walks back up with our wine and sets it down and we order our food and she leaves, "I'll give it to you know." I say and set my purse in my lap and start looking in it.

"Bingo!" I say, "Finally the anticipation was killing me." he chuckles, Then I hand him an envelope. He opens it and reads the front of the card it causing him to smile then he opens it and his mouth drops, "Haley you got us tickets to see The Fray!" "Well there your tickets you pick who goes with you." I chuckle, "Of course I'm taking you!! Haley this is fantastic. Thank you so much." he says and leans forward then kisses me. "You're very welcome love." I reply after the kiss broke and he smiles then places the tickets back it the card and hands it to me, "Can you put it back in your purse? I don't want to lose them." "Sure I can." I reply and put the card back in my bag.

An hour and a half came and went and we'd eaten our food and had dessert. "So in two weeks we have winter formal you know." I say as I receive my card from the waitress, "Ohh yeah, Hey idea do you wanna go get our formal stuff tonight?" Louis asked, "Yeah that sounds like fun, lets do it." "Alright lets go then." Louis said and stood up and took my hand in his then we left to find a suit and dress store.

After 30 minutes we found a store and went in, "You go pick mine and I'll go pick yours." Louis said and looked down at me, "Uhh sure." I chuckle then walk to the mens side and Louis goes to the ladies side. After about 20 minutes he walked over with a long black dress and a pair of black heels, and I picked him a black suit, black bow tie, and black dress shoes. "Lets swap and try this stuff on then see what we look like together." I say and Louis agrees and we swap then go to the dressing rooms. Once changed I walk out and I see Louis looking in the mirror and when I walk up behind him he sees me and turns around, "Haley.. you look fantastic in that. That's the one." "I really like it, you have great taste." "Thanks, so do you. I really like this suit." "Yay! Because that's the one for you. You look really hot in it." I say then feel a blush come on. "Well then I think we've found our formal wear." He chuckles then kisses me. "I believe we have." I reply and kiss him back then we go change.

After checking out it takes us about 45 minutes to get back to campus, It was just past 9:00 when we got back. "Lou I should really get home, Liam is probably wondering where I am." "Okay love, I don't want you getting in trouble with big brother." Louis chuckled then hugged me, "Happy 21st birthday Lou." I whisper then kiss him for a few seconds then back up, "I'll see you tomorrow. I love you." I say, "Thanks again Hales this was the best birthday yet. I love you too." "I love you more." I reply and turn around and start walking off, "I love you most!" Louis shouts and I look over my shoulder at him and he's smiling, "Not possible!" I shout back and I hear him chuckle, "Fine, but one day you'll see just how much I love you." "Can't wait." I reply and blow him a kiss and he catches it causing us to laugh then he turns around and walks into his dorm building.

I arrive home and Liam dosen't question me we actually talked for a little bit then I went to my room to get ready for bed and I hung up my formal dress. After getting ready for bed I ended up just sitting there in bed for a little while listening to music and looking over at my dress and wondering how that nights going to turn out, and eventually I fell asleep and dreamed about it instead.

Authors Note: This chapter is a little longer than the last I hope y'all like it. and I added a picture of what they wore on their date. In the next chapter I'll add their formal wear to the pictures.Thanks for reading and keep voting! :)