🖤19🖤

Yoongi sat in his room, wine glass in hand, swirling the red liquid slowly as he stared out the French doors. His mood was dark. He had suspicions that couldn't be confirmed and he wasn't happy about it. As he stared into the now dark outdoors, he frowned. His jaw flexed as his hatred towards his father slowly burned brighter in his chest.

"Hyung," said Hoseok, stepping into the room quietly. He sighed as he tried to remove the glass from Yoongi's hands only for him to grip it even tighter. Hoseok was perplexed as he finally relinquished his hold on the glass and allowed Yoongi to keep it. "Actually going to drink it this time?" He sat down on the coffee table in front of his friend and leaned forward on his knees.

Yoongi's eyes were cold and hollow as he looked over at Hoseok. "I've already drank a few," he murmured in a low and husky voice.

Hoseok glanced over at the bottle and saw it was half empty. He frowned. Yoongi could certainly hold his alcohol but a half a bottle of wine was enough to make anyone tipsy, yet Yoongi sat as still as a rock, simply swirling the wine in the glass around and around. "Obviously something is bothering you, hyung. Can I help?"

Yoongi sighed and looked away from Hoseok, taking a long drink from the glass and setting to down on the coffee table slowly. "No."

Hoseok watched Yoongi's rather calm and calculated movements. "Want to go to my room and listen to some music?"

"No."

"Want me to leave you alone?" Hoseok watched Yoongi's face and the blank expression on it never changed.

"Yes," whispered Yoongi.

Hoseok tried not to take the answer personally. He merely stood to his feet and smiled, patting Yoongi on the shoulder as he passed. "Whatever it is, hyung, I'm always here for you." With that, Hoseok quietly returned to his room.

Yoongi listened to the door softly click shut and he put his face into his hands, rubbing up and down his cheeks. He groaned as he stood to his feet, scuffling his feet all the way to the door. Flinging it open, he stepped out the hall and went down a few doors, stopping in front of one in particular. His hand rested on the knob as he pressed his forehead to it. With stooped shoulders, he pushed open the door and walked in closing it behind him.

The room was dark, cold, lifeless. Yoongi stepped over by the large bed and turned on a lamp, squinting a bit as dull, yellow light filled the room. Everything was exactly the same as per instruction. He ran a finger over the table and took note of the fine layer of dust. He would need to instruct the staff to come in here and clean more often. He looked over the room, remembering so many things, both good and bad. As his eyes came to rest on the brown piano in the corner, he felt a shudder pass through his chest.

Yoongi walked slowly towards the piano and ran his hand over the top of it. The music his mother had last played still sat on the music rack. Her pencil, metronome, and various pieces of sheet music still scattered across it. He lifted the lid and as he looked at the keys she once played with her own hands, his heart constricted. He collapsed down onto the bench and tears poured from his eyes.

She had deserved so much better in life. She deserved a man who would love her and treat her well. She was too beautiful for this world. Too pure and wholesome. Yoongi really never knew how his mother had ended up with his father, but she should never have been tangled up with his dark world. Yoongi clenched his teeth as his fingers tripped across the keys, playing each note softly.

He took a deep breath and laid both hands on the keys, playing a simple, soft melody he would often play for his mother. She would always smile, close her eyes and listen, humming along as he played. She would then tell him how nice of a job he did after he finished, causing him to run into her arms and hug her tightly with all the love he had in his small body.