CHAPTER 23

CHAPTER 23

"People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict."

― Lemony Snicket

YVANNE

The next day, Xander came to visit me. He was holding a bouquet of blue roses and a guitar on the other hand. As he walked towards me, he strummed his guitar and started singing. My heart was pounding like it's about to burst out of my chest and I didn't know why. Why does he have this kind of impact over me? Butterflies were bumping into my innards, but how? How was he able to do that?

While he was singing, he leaned closer to me. His forehead on top of mine, our noses touched and just one wrong move, we'd definitely be kissing. He just kept on singing, but my heart was racing. What do I do? I was bewildered until, before I could say anything, he kissed me. It was a soft and passionate kiss and I didn't know, but I found myself kissing him back. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it felt like forever.

"I'll make you remember me. Even if it would take a decade before it happens, I'd do anything." He said unperturbedly. How could he say something so composedly after kissing me? Aish! This is making me nuts!

His voice gave me chills. This feeling seems so familiar; it's like I've felt this before. And why does he know my favorite song?

As far as I could remember, I was supposed to tell my favorite song only to the person I love since mom told me that I should only tell the person I love about my favorites. Did I love him?

Out of curiosity, I took my phone out and scanned my files. There, I saw pictures of that guy - Xander and I eating, and other stolen pictures of him. We looked so happy. My smile reached from ear to ear and his smile that'd surely make a girl's heart melt.

After scanning the pictures, I scrolled down my messages and I saw that it was full of messages from Xander. Messages that stated: "I love you Yvanne, goodnight; dream of me." and many more that made me feel loved even though I was just reading them. Wait - I have my mobile journal, don't I? So I looked for it and read everything until I got to my 4th journal entry which read:

JOURNAL ENTRY # 4

Love comes unexpectedly, just how I fell for the unexpected you. I never thought I'd fall for you deeper as each day would pass by, but then again, Thank you for coming into my life. Thanks Xander. I love you. Just don't leave me all alone, ayt? If that happens, I won't know what to do anymore. Just always be there at times I need you the most, Arasso?

Goodnight! ~

Xander, who could you be? If you really are my boyfriend and I love you so much, why can't I remember you? You should be the first person I'd remember when I wake up, but why isn't it like that?

"I'll make you remember me. Even if it would take a decade before it happens, I'd do anything."

The words he said kept on echoing in my mind. I sure wish he does. Wait- Why am I like this? Aish! This mystery is making me crazy!

I think I have to sleep this one off. As I went to my bed, I closed my eyes. When I did, I had a flashback of what happened earlier. God! Xander! You're really driving me crazy.

| Next Week |

YVANNE

Today's the day I'd be discharged from the hospital. Since dad said I can wander off and enjoy my stay here in Korea, I asked Xander if he could come with me. He replied:

"Sure Yvanne. I'm on my way now."

Well, that was fast, wasn't it? After a while, Xander arrived with his Oh so awesome self. He went out of his car looking all cool and handsome.

"So, where'd you want to go?"

"Wait, let me just get my list."

"Really? You have a list? So grade school."

"What's with making a list? I made one because I don't know where to go."

"I do."

"Jinjja?"

"Ne."

"Wait. Before we go, I have to give you something." He added.

"What is it?"

Xander pulled out a little box from his pocket and kneeled in front of me. My face went red, OMO~ what is he doing?

"I was supposed to give this to you on our way here, but the plane crashed and you ended up on a hospital bed. So, I'll just give it to you now."

Haha! You should've seen his face! He was red all over and he can't even look into straight into my eyes. After a while, the mood became serious as Xander finally gazed at me. Wait, why am I being the one nervous now that he finally looked at me?

"Yvanne, please accept this ring as a sign of my loyalty, honesty, understanding. Together with this, I promise to fulfill all the promises I've given you as well as the promises I'm about to give to you in future time. Even if it ends up to a thousand promises, I'd still do my best to fulfill each and every one of them until the day I die. I love you Yvanne."

My heart was pounding as I heard him utter those words uninterruptedly while gazing at me.

"I love you too Xander."

After I said those words, Xander put on the ring on me and kissed me on the forehead. I don't know what's gotten into me when I answered yes, but I don't seem like I regret a single word I said. I wish I do remember him soon. That same moment, I cried.

Not because of anything else, but because of Xander's promise. I mean, you can't just walk around and bump into someone as wonderful as Xander, can't you? In this world, loyal people only compromise about 5% of the whole population so finding one is something you should brag about, right? Even your best friend could turn his back on you and leave you; Worst case, he'd even forget all about you.

I've always hated people who can't keep even a single promise they give out. They obviously can't go for the long run. I don't think Xander is like any other man I've met before. There's something special about how Xander looks at me; it's full of love and sincerity. By this time, I think I believe that he's the one I loved and continue to love as of the moment.

After that scene, we headed to his car. I was so excited because I didn't know where Xander is planning to go. Wait ~ I think this place is quite familiar. Oh right! We're headed to Namsan Tower. How'd he know that I've always wanted to go here?

At that same moment, I told myself that Xander's the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. Whenever we're together, I have the feeling as if we've known each other forever. Though Xander tends to be quiet at times, he tries to liven up my mood by either surprising me or serenading me. How I wish mom would've seen me this happy, but for a moment, the happiness I thought would last forever, faded in an instant.

How could things be this way? After giving my trust to him, how could he do such a thing? I sure wish I never even met him, but why is it that my heart keeps on shouting his name?