CHAPTER 12

This chapter is dedicated to @mjmxox Thnaks for making the cover ! :)

CHAPTER 12

"Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can."

― Nicholas Sparks

eYVANNE

"Xander, who is she? Why are you here? It's been a week since we last saw each other. Ani, bogoshipda? (Didn't you miss me)?"

"Wae? Aniya. nomo bogoshipo Divine-shi noona!( Why? No, Of course I miss you a lot Divine )Don't misunderstand. She's just a friend."

These words kept on echoing in my head. Her voice sounded so familiar. I wish I was able to see her face just once, but when I opened my eyes, I saw nothing. I have this feeling that she's one of my friends before.

I never got the chance to ask Xander who that girl was and what was she doing here because he'd either give me the cold shoulder, or just shrug off the issue.

I didn't know how to approach him either so I kept the issue as it is. There's something inside me that's refraining me from being entirely acquainted with him.

I feel different when he's around. I feel special when he's here by my side. But, I can't fall for him. What if he doesn't feel the same? I can't be attached to him knowing that there might be someone at loss. Also, I fear the day that he'd suddenly realize that I don't deserve him; that one day, he'd just turn his back on me and leave me crying like what dad did to mom.

I contemplated on it and finally got into my senses. I can't deprive myself of my feelings. It came unexpectedly, so what do I do now? It wasn't my fault that my brain excreted an enormous amount of Dopamine when I saw him - It just so happened that it did.

Of course, that day came - The day I'm supposed to be discharged from the hospital. I was about to say my thanks to Xander, but when I woke up, he was gone. I never saw him again until today. He said he'd keep in touch so I gave him the spare key to my house together with my calling card in case he'd call.

Wait - was I just thinking of him now? Oh God! This is so despicable. Could this be love? The feeling that almost every corner of the world is talking about? Nobody can define what love is, nor measure how long it'll last; but one thing is certain - Once bound by love, it'll never be easy to unbind.

The reason why every book has it's own meaning pertaining to what love is, is merely because every man has his own perception towards it. Either based on facts or opinions, myths or experiences, we shouldn't dare question how man deals with it nor question how it goes.

When I was 6, I used to believe in happily ever after and fairy tail endings, but now that I'm of legal age, I really am confused whether or not to believe in it. I certainly can't deny that I'm no longer a toddler, but I won't lose anything if I'd still consider it, right?

Life's too precious to squander, so why waste your time in depriving yourself of the only thing that could make you truly happy? Go on and fight for what you love for whatever you fight for will always be by your side no matter where the favor of the odds is. This is my new outlook in life. I'll fight for what I love.