CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." ― Albert Einstein

YVANNE

What did just happen? Val didn't recognize me. Was he just acting, or he had amnesia or something? I really have to know what happened to him when they went to Switzerland.

I kept on thinking about how Val forgot everything about me. I better schedule an appointment with Divine as soon as I can.

As I was thinking too much about my best friend, I didn't notice that Xander and I were holding hands while walking. Oh, this is so embarrassing. I saw Xander looking at me and gave me a smirk. Wait, what was that about? Did I do something? I was just holding -

Great, I was holding his hand. What could I do? I was too preoccupied about the incident a while ago. My brain demands details. Because of it, I wasn't able to argue about him holding my hand. We stayed that way until we arrived at my favorite Ice cream Parlor. He even knew about this? Is he my stalker? Haha! Funny.

Xander was the one who lined up to give our order. We were eating like kids. Xander had drops of Ice cream on his shirt. I started to laugh at him. He stared at me as if I committed a crime and he's the victim. What did I do wrong now? Xander pulled a handkerchief and slowly wiped something from my cheeks. After he wiped it all off, he chuckled.

He kept on chuckling as if he didn't have drips of ice cream on his shirt. Because his shirt was such a mess, I decided to drag him to the nearest fashion boutique and used my card to buy him one.

While we were on our way home, everyone stared at us. I even heard some say that "Hey! They' look good together. The guy's so handsome and the girl's stunning. A couple matched from heaven."

Xander leveled his head to mine and whispered. "Babe, you heard that?"

I replied with a nod and smiled at him.

"I told you so. We do look good together and we're gonna be a perfect couple."

It was just a few blocks away before we reached my pad when I heard my phone ring.

"Who is it?" Xander asked.

"It's an unregistered number."

"You want me to get it for you?"

"Your call."

Xander took my phone and answered the phone call.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Xandie! It's me, Divine. Please give the phone to Yvanne. We have something to talk about."

"What about?"

"It's girl talk. Just give it to her."

Xander let out a sigh, looked at me and handed me the phone while saying. "Yvanne, it's Divine."

"Jinja?" ( ? )

"Yoboseyo? Divine-shi Unni?" (여보세요 ? Divine-언니 ?)
(Hello? Divine?)

"Annyeong Hasimnikka, nui."(안녕하십니까, )

(Good Evening Yvanne!)

"Waeyo?" (왜요?)
(Why?)

"I'm going to ask when the most convenient time for us to meet is."