CHAPTER 10

Dedicated To: @chimiah Hi sissy ~ :) Here's the cover you made :* Thank you :)

~CHAPTER 10~

"Life is like a game of cards. The hand that dealt you represents determinism and the way you play it is free will."

- Nehru

Every Friday, mom and I head to different malls and shop till we drop. Shopping served as our 500 mg dose of pain reliever and 250 mg dose of stress reliever. When shopping, we feel like we're living in a whole new world and nothing could ever go in between. Mom and I totally get along that's why I never felt incomplete even though dad wasn't by our side. Maybe because she was the only parent I grew up with. Tendency is, exceptional closeness towards each other. It's like she was the one who filled up all the holes dad left in my heart when he decided to leave us.

This Friday is absolutely the contrary of what I used to remember. I'm all alone now. No mom, no shopping and I'm definitely not happy about it. How will I face this supposed to be Mother and daughter bonding day without her?

This is probably the worst day I wish I was deprived of instead. Don't you think this is so unlikely?

If only I could buy a replacement mother for a day, but she'll never be like mom. She never is and will never be.

My mother couldn't compare to anyone else. She's one of a kind. No wonder it's taking me a while to internalize the fact that she's gone and she's in a better place now. Well, you practically can't blame me even if I cry myself to sleep each and every night believing that one day, it'll all be fine, but it won't! I can't deny the fact that mom's gone. She won't come back. Not now, not ever!

Ryan can't comfort me the way he did before. Ryan and uncle Rhodgem flew to Switzerland because of business matters. Ryan didn't even say goodbye personally, he just sent me flowers and a letter. That selfish jerk! >.<"

I miss him a lot though, I miss the way he hugs me every time I burst out in anger, the way he acts as a shoulder for me to cry on, for being my handkerchief whenever I feel like crying, his smiles, and his jokes - Everything! I miss him.

He said he'll be back before I know it. But how long would it take before he comes back for real? I miss my best friend a lot.

A week later, Ryan sent me a message.

"Heeeeeeeeeeeeey my beautiful Princess! I'll be back soon. I miss you already. :* I'll bring Reese's when I get back! Eat on time, Arasso?"

That stupid jerk! He said he misses me, but he isn't back yet.

A familiar voice sprang up and disturbed my daydreaming. It was very familiar though. Wait! Could it be?

"Yvaaaaaaaaaaaaneee ! I'm back!"

Yeah right, it's Ryan. Why is he back so soon? I thought it would take him about a day or two before he gets back. That moron, always full of surprises. He seemed all sparkly and fine as he used to. When he saw me, he immediately engulfed me in his warmth. And there I was, his arms wrapped around me like he didn't have any reason of letting go. I let him be. He's home and I am too- right here in his arms.

"Hey, where's my Reese's?", I interrupted making him take off his arms around me.

"Wait, I was gone for a week and you didn't even miss me? All you care about is that Reese's of yours? So selfish princess, so selfish.", Ryan said as he pouted his lips as if he was a little boy who wasn't bought an ice cream when he asked for one.

"Yeah, I didn't miss you and Yes, I care more about my Reese's, HAHA! Just kidding Ry, you should've seen the look on your face when I said I didn't miss you."

"Yeah right, you're so mean Princess."

"Yes I am.", I replied as I started munching the Reese's Ryan gave me.