CHAPTER 8

Dedicated to @MaritaClarita . Hi ~ Thanks for making this cover :)

~CHAPTER 8~

" In life, its easy to go along with the flow which eventually leads to being swept away by the tide. If you want to excel, you must show the strength and desire to fight against the tide to achieve what you want." - Anonymous

A day after, Ryan beeped me and said that we should start looking for my dad. It took us seven dreadful hours of walking under the sun, yet we found no luck. Suddenly, despair is finally crawling it's way to our hearts.

"What should we do now?" , I asked Ryan.

"Don't worry princess, we'll find a way."

"I sure hope so."

We walked and walked until we finally got the address we were looking for- the one that's written on the envelope.

I sighed, "I guess this is it! Wish me luck Ry."

I knocked three times and Ryan stayed beside me. An old woman around her 60's I guess, opened the door. She welcomed us in her humble abode and made us sit in her guest area.

"How may I help you dear?", the old woman said as she was pouring us a cup of tea.

"Oh, we're looking for someone." , Ryan interrupted.

"Who is this that you two are looking for?", she asked as she put up a smile.

"He's my father.", I said.

"Is you father Morgan Rodriguez?", the lady asked while beaming at me.

"Yes, I guess.", I replied with a rather frantic voice.

The old lady, whom I found out, was the land owner said that Morgan left 2 months ago. He didn't mention his new address, but he gave her his mobile number.

"If you want, I'll just give you his number.", She said.

That same moment; I froze, my mind was split in half. Should I ask for his number or not? I was a bit farfetched from reality for a moment there. Best to say, I got confused and discouraged at the same time. Confused because I didn't know what to reply and discouraged because I don't know what to tell him.

Worst case, I'm not even close to finding him. What if he already changed his number? Luckily, I remember Von giving me a calling card. It was his father's. His father is a very renowned private investigator. His name was Dennis Goode.

Von's father agreed that he would help me since Von and I are close friends. Mr. Goode promised that he would squeeze in my mom's case whenever he had time.

As a desperate measure, I took my dad's number and dialed it- several trials, yet nobody answered. I kept on reaching his voicemail. I didn't want to reach him by voicemail, because I wanted to talk to him directly, but how? How would I reach him if he's too far away?