CHAPTER 3

~ CHAPTER 3~

"There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first. When you learn to live for others, they will live for you."

- Para Mahonsa Yogahanda

YVANNE~

I woke up to a bright Sunday morning filled with flowers blooming and a touch of spring breeze. Yes, It's spring time! I stood up, took a shower and wore a pink summer dress and paired it with white flats. It's been weeks since the Ice cream Parlor incident. We haven't talked since then.

In those weeks that have passed, there wasn't a single day that I didn't think about the paper from the crime scene. It was a small piece of paper, yet it could hold the answer to all my questions. I have to know more about it and Ryan doesn't have to know about my plan.

Actually, I'm planning on surprising him for his birthday tomorrow so I have to talk to him today. He'll be turning 21 tomorrow. I haven't prepared anything for his birthday yet. I'll probably think of that later. What's important now is to clear things up between the two of us.

It's been quite some time now, I've missed my prince so much. Did he miss me too?

What could he probably be doing right now? Maybe he's still sleeping. I know, he's such a sleepy head. I started walking to his house. When I got there, Aunt Mary was the first person I saw. She ran towards me and hugged me tight, seems like she missed me a lot too.

"Aunt Mary, where's Ryan? Is he still sleeping?" I asked as I escaped from the hug. Phew, I felt like I was crushed, nah just kidding.

"Unfortunately, yes he's still sleeping. Mind if you wake him up for me dear?"

"Absolutely not. I'll come up in a moment Auntie."

"Alright dear."

I ran as fast as I could to get to Ryan's room in no time. That's how much I've missed my prince. His room is a complete mess. Used T-shirts scattered on the floor, cluttered clothes hamper. Papers stacked on his desk. Aigoo, I think this would be a very long day.

"Wake up sleepy head! It's already 8 in the morning!"

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! It's already 8 o'clock in the morning? Goodness gracious! I'm late for my appointment."

"What appointment?

"It's a school appointment princess."

"Oh, alright, Aunt Mary said hurry up and eat breakfast first before going elsewhere, Arasso?" (아라쏘 ?)

"Arassoyo." (아라쏘 )

"Ry, you go ahead while I start tidying up."

"You don't have to clean this mess princess, you'll get tired. Let's go down and eat. We'll deal with this mess later, Okay?"

I nodded my head in response. Ryan immediately took my hand and dragged me down the stairs because he was in such a rush.

"Hey, slow down a bit. You might get indigestion."

"I'm almost an hour late already princess, there's no time to waste."

"Fine, just chew it properly Ry"

"Okay princess."

When we finished eating, Ryan ran to his room to take a quick shower and changed his clothes. I told Aunt Mary that I'd do the dishes. It was the least I can do to return back all the things they did to me - Simple acts, though minute, it might turn out to be the greatest thing you could contribute to diminish their life's burden. You don't have to give your all when helping, just do what you can and share your blessings enthusiastically, who knows? Your initiative would be greatly appreciated by the person you chose to lend a hand.