CHAPTER 27

YVANNE

After that night, memories of him fluttered in my head. Most of it, before the accident happened. Though I wasn't able to remember everything, most of our memories were undeniably happy ones.

My life turned out to be wonderful. This just proves the saying that there's always a rainbow after the rain. Although life can be tragic at times, there would always be a good outcome resulting it.

Who would have thought that a guy like Xander could be as sweet as this? There was even a time when he baked me a heart shaped truffle cake that tasted like heaven. As far as I could remember, it was the best I ever had; Well, next to my mom's of course. Who wouldn't fall for him? Even the grumpiest of all would surely fall for an awesome guy like this, right?

But unlike everybody else's, this fairytale won't turn out to be a happy ending. My father called when Xander and I were having a conversation over dinner at his house. the call seemed urgent, so I excused myself for a while.

"Hey dad, what's wrong?", I asked worriedly.

"Princess, I don't know how to say this. Uh, our business is falling apart.", he said with sobs.

"What? This can't be happening to us. What could I do to help?"

"Meet me here at our favorite restaurant. Wear something decent, okay?  Love you princess. "

"Jongmal Mianhe." , he said while sobbing. I didn't hear that last part clearly so I just replied to the one he said earlier.

"Love you too dad. Be there in an hour or so."

I went back inside and told him what dad said. He said he'd drop me there, but I insisted that I can manage to go there by myself. He approved and kissed me goodbye.

By the time I reached the restaurant, I saw dad talking to someone. Who could it be? I was about to walk to where they were when I spotted Ryan. The same Ryan who doesn't even recognize me. Dad and the guy he was talking to headed to where Ryan sat. So I think he's with the guy dad was talking to.

Dad saw me and waved at me. I decided to sit dow and dine with them. Do I even have a choice? They started conversing. I can't relate since all I heard was about a business merger or something. Wait - what? I think I know where this'll head to.

"Hey dad, what's this about?", I interrupted as I gave him the what-the-hell-is-this-for face.

"Uhm sweetie, remember what we've talked about through phone? Our business is falling apart and Mr. Yamashita here offered me a proposal."

"What proposal?" , Ryan interrupted.

"The proposal to merge our business through the marriage of our children. In thus case, it's the two of you." , Mr. Yamashita said while pointing the two of us.

"Are you willing to do it, Yvanne?" , Ryan inquired looking like he was concerned enough.

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to." , he added

"I don't know, I still have to think it over."

My face went blank as I let out a grunt of exasperation. I didn't know how to tell dad that I can't marry Ryan because I fear of my father's fragile heart.

"Okay, I'll do it." I said without hesitation. It was probably the most tragic decision I've ever came up with. What else am I supposed to say? Our business was falling apart.

"So we're settled then." Mr. Yamashita cleared.

"The wedding will be held in Japan this coming 3rd of December."

"You can bring your friends if you want to. All expenses covered. How about Xander sweetie? Would you tell him?"

"I still don't know yet. I'll talk to him."

I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm completely done. Xander isn't the type of person who'll fathom things like this unless he'd go through every single detail concerning it. I don't think I'm ready to tell him yet. I need time, but this isn't the right time to let it all out. I hope he'd wait for me – I really do.

Before dinner was served; Ryan, dad and Mr. Yamashita excused themselves and headed to the men's loo. There I was, all alone and dumbfounded.

Over dinner, we talked about the details of the wedding – from the cake to the bridal entourage. They even debated about the color of the freaking gown! Why can't it be as simple as white? It doesn't have to be sophisticated like they wanted it to be. I'm the one who's going to wear it for Pete's sake! Why waste so much time arguing about it?

Before we parted ways, Ryan told me how sorry he was for me and Xander. Well, he should be. He said he didn't have a choice anyway so he just agreed with it and went with the flow that his father wanted.

How am I supposed to tell Xander? Would he understand? Will this be the end of my happily ever after? I hope not. I can't lose him – not this time. I don't think I still remember the life without him.