CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth."
― Jess C. Scott

YVANNE

"Divine-Shi Unni, you seem so early."

"I got bored at home, so I went here as soon as possible."

"Jinja yi? So, what would you want to eat Unni?" (긴가 ? )
(Is that so?
So, what would you want to eat?)

"I'll be fine with whatever you're having."

"Jongmal lo? Kure, I'll be having the usual Cathy. Same with my friend." (종말로 ? )
(Really? Fine, I'll be having
the usual Cathy. Same with my friend.)

"Okay Miss Yvanne. It's been a while since you ate here with Sir Ryan."

"Yes, it's been a while. Oh, by the way, this lovely lady with me is his girlfriend. Divine-shi Unni, this is Cathy, she's been working here since Ryan and I first came here. She's definitely a keeper!"

"Really? Oh I'm honored to meet you."

"The Pleasure's all mine Miss Divine. Your order will be served any minute now. Please be patient."

So Divine and I helped ourselves with the Chocolate and Strawberry Pancake Deluxe that we ordered a while ago. After eating, Unni started to elaborate on the details.

Ryan and his family were on a business trip when suddenly, their car crashed into another car. Luckily, Divine's parents saw them and rushed them to the nearest hospital. By the time they got there, the doctors declared Aunt Marie and her husband dead on arrival. Ryan survived, but he was in a very critical condition. He was in coma for 3 weeks and to their surprise, Ryan was awake when the nurse was about to check on his vital signs. Because nobody else would care for Ryan, a business associate of Aunt Marie adopted Ryan as his own. I can't remember the name clearly, but it was a Japanese name.

JOURNAL ENTRY # 1

Time flies as if it never happened. Relish every moment as it were your last because you'll never know what'll happen next. Who would've thought that the best of friends would suddenly fall apart just because of one tremendous breakdown - Ryan's accident.

Up until now, I still can't stature out why of all people, I'd be the one he forgot about the most? He even remembered some of our childhood friends, but why can't he recognize me? Why? Don't you think it's too unfair?

Maybe through time, memories of us will just come hovering in the air and strike him in the face so he'd remember everything in just one click. I miss my prince, I really do miss him. I feel like a massive part of me was ripped apart. What am I supposed to do now? I sure think waiting would be the best answer, am I right?

DIVINE

"Divine-Shi Unni, you seem so early." I looked up to see who it was, it was Yvanne. I didn't expect that she'd be excited as I was.

"I got bored at home, so I went here as soon as possible." Actually, I wasn't bored. I even had my meetings rescheduled because I have to clear my thoughts once and for all.

"Jinja yo? So, what would you want to eat Unni?" (긴가 ? )
(Is that so?
So, what would you want to eat?)