CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24

"Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being."
― Albert Schweitzer

|Inside the car|

XANDER

Should I tell her or not? Oh shit! My mind is arguing with my heart. What am I supposed to do? I hate these situations when my decision gets complicated when my heart interferes. You know why? Because from whatever angle I look at it, I'll still end up getting hurt. I know it may sound gay, but it's the truth. I've been hurt so many times, but look - I can still stand up and start anew every time.

When we were almost home, I've finally decided - I'm going to tell Yvanne everything I know. While explaining, I saw Yvanne's face. It was blank - expressionless. Why can't I read her present feelings towards me? It's better letting it out like hitting me or something, but she didn't. She just sat still and looked straight into my eyes with that blank expression of hers. What am I supposed to do? I'm trying my best to compose myself and gather all the courage to finally tell her this and she's giving me a straight face? I can't believe this! I think I'm about to go crazy.

After a while, she looked away and started typing something on her cellphone. I can't see what she's typing from the angle where I sat so I was wondering what she was typing. When she finally faced towards my direction, I saw a tear fell from her eye and she just let it slide down her cheeks.

How I badly wanted to brush away all her tears, but at this moment, I am not in the position to do as I wish. I was the one who caused her all this pain. I know I did wrong, but how could I lessen the burden if I was the one causing it?

Yvanne faced away, opened the door and started walking away without even saying a word. While she was on her way, the rain started pouring hard. What am I supposed to do? Out of adrenaline rush, I noticed myself running towards her direction. I just can't take seeing her suffering like this because of me.

When I finally got to where she stood, I removed my jacket and placed it over her shoulders, hugging her tight from behind like how I used to. It doesn't matter even if I'm the one who'll get wet. What's with a little rain, right? I can't compromise the fact that I love this girl in front of me just because she walked a few steps away from me. Right now, I'll just give her time. That's right; all I should do for now is to wait until she finally cooled down.

When we were walking, I slowly worked my hand to hers, but she refused to hold it. We got back to my car and Yvanne looked away. She came back to where we left off. Nobody dare spoke a word, not even a single one. I looked at her and looked away with just a blink of an eye. She just blankly stared at the same place over and over again when she took out her phone and started to type something on it. I've been wondering what she kept on typing every time she took out her phone. Well, I'll be hoping for the best though.

Though I've decided to give her more time, I just can't focus properly on the road. I kept on sneaking a peak if she'll ever look at me. Unfortunately, she was too busy looking at the window as she was typing something on her phone. When we arrived home, she immediately opened the door and left without even bidding goodbye. I had nothing to do but see her go. I just can't take this kind of treatment. I know I have to do something and I have to do it fast! What do you think should I do to win her heart back?