CHAPTER 25

~Chapter 25~

Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.

- Sam Levenson

YVANNE~

Before we went home, Xander told me something I’d rather be spared of instead. It was about my mother. He said he knew it was going to happen, but he didn’t know it was my mother that Michael was talking about the last time they saw each other. As far as I could recall, during our college days, Michael was never like that.

The Michael I knew was full of brightness and love. I faced the other way where the car’s window was. I started typing these on my digital journal:

JOURNAL ENTRY #6

Why did he have to lie? He should’ve told me everything in the first place! But what’s this? Why didn’t I get mad at him? Aish! How could I let it go that easily?

 I think I’m going crazy! Doesn’t he know that I hate liars? It’s a known fact that I hate them a lot! But I think I hate myself more for forgiving him without hesitation. Why am I like this?

When I finally gathered up all the courage to face him, I felt a tear fell from my eye. Stupid tears! I can’t even control them. After facing Xander, I wasn’t able to say a word so I decided to turn my back and walk away.

I can’t find the right words to say, so I decided not to speak anymore. I might just aggravate the situation because of my foul choice of words for it. I was walking straight ahead with my arms firmly crossed when suddenly, the rain started pouring hard. I was so shocked, so I remained where I was and stood there for the past minute. What am I supposed to do? Run to my house, or go back to Xander’s car?

God, this day can’t get any better *Insert sarcastic smile here* and before I could even move an inch, I felt a familiar warmth engulfing me. I knew who it was so I didn’t even bother to look at him. Who would be stupid enough to run in the middle of the rain and hug me tight like this? Of course it’s Xander! Hugging me like this, I’ve decided. I forgave him the minute I felt his warmth engulfing me. But this won’t end here; though I forgave him easily, I won’t tell him yet.

I followed him to his car without uttering a word. I put on my seatbelt and looked at the window. Unconsciously, I found myself typing another journal entry on my phone:

JOURNAL ENTRY #7

Xander,

At first, I thought that if ever you’d do something against my approval, I’ll never forgive you. But why is it that I forgave you this effortlessly? I swear to God I don’t know how exactly did I fall for you. I just did, though I didn’t intend it to happen this fast.

Sometimes I blame myself for falling for you deeply, but what else could I do? I hate you, but I hate myself more for forgiving you hastily.

After a while, I had a glimpse of him and saw his face, he seemed as anxious as he glanced at me every once in a while. What made me shook my head was his lack of concentration while driving. I probably think that I’ve had enough problems for a whole lifetime. Don’t you think he should’ve told me about this issue earlier? We should’ve sued that jerk for killing my mom; for killing me gently. Every day that my mom wasn’t here by my side felt like a year without rain. I let out a sigh and closed my eyes.

To my relief, we arrived home safely. I opened the door and left completely without even saying goodbye.

It took me around 10 minutes to prepare myself to sleep when I suddenly looked at the window. To my surprise, I saw Xander’s car still parked in front of my house. What’s he still doing here? Wait- the car seems empty.

“Where could he be leaving his car behind like this?” I mumbled.

Out of concern, I wore my coat and looked for him. While walking my way towards his car, I saw pictures scattered all over the garden. I picked one up and saw my face on it. It was a picture of me on our first date. I turned the picture and saw a letter on its back. It was literally a letter “I”. Gosh, this is so frustrating. What am I supposed to do with this?