ARTP - Prologue

Prologue:

One glistening morning on the middle of May; I took a sip of my coffee, went out to the gazebo and sat on the bench as I watched the sun light strike the stones and the running shadows laid down by the ash as the wind streamed the tree's leafy branches. "A gold finch crammed its beak for its young and a wren flicked in and out of the sprawling silver-grey leaves of the marguerite daisies, swift and neat as a mouse. It was there and gone, there and gone, and as I watched, it dawned on me that I've been living a life now drummed with too much sound and movement , that left no more space for small, elusive dreams, like wrens that ate up my time and negated my solitude then suddenly left me lonely among people." I closed the book that I was reading and continued looking heavenwards. I covered the sun with my hand, yet the light still passed through the spaces in between. Will these spaces ever be filled?

After that, something hit me. Why haven't I thought of that? Why do people keep on giving promises to the people they love even if they know that they couldn't keep them?

"Is love even worth a thousand promises?" I muttered out of curiosity as I took the book, stood up from where I sat and headed inside.