25. This Ain't A Party

-DAYS LATER-

*Mikey's POV* 

Gerard and I get out of the car and head into the church where Frank's funeral is held. 

After we ran into Frank's house, we called the ambulance in hope for help. But when they arrived, they said it was to late and he had died. I just can't believe Frank is gone, like that. We walk into the church and there's a few people since he didn't know many people. I look over at Gerard and he adjusts the tie of his suit. I look at my bow and fix it. 

We spot Pete and Patrick who are bawling their eyes out. It all makes me sad and I loose it, I cry too. We take a seat and the ceremony starts. 

*Gerard's POV*

After the ceremony, people line up to see Frank one last time. I notice Frank's mother sitting and crying with a man rubbing her back in a comforting way. I walk over and bend to talk to her. "Hello, you must be Mrs. Iero. My name is Gerard" I say and put my hand out for her to shake. "Hello Gerard, I'm Linda and this is my boyfriend Harry" She says and wipes her eyes. She takes my hand and looks at me with wide eyes. 

"Did you say Gerard?" She asks. "Yes ma'am" I say. She stands and whispers to Harry and he leaves. She says "Frank talked a lot about you." "Really?" I ask with tears forming in my eyes "I'm also really sorry about what happened." "Frank had so much to deal with at his old school, I once saw his arms and asked if he wanted therapy" She says and looks at his coffin "He said he won't do it again and he's sorry. I believed him." She cries and I take her into an embrace. It feels as if at any moment, she'll shatter from how fragile she is right now. 

"You know Gerard, Frank loved you. He came out to us as he talked about you" She says and pulls away. "Really Mrs. Iero?" I ask. "Please, call me Linda. And yes, he loved you so much" She says. "I loved Frank too. I feel as if everything is my fault" I say and sit on a chair. "What are you talking about son?" She asks and sits next to me. 

"I went over to his house because he wasn't at school. He had his shirt off and I saw bruises on his chest, and his wrists were wrapped in gauze" I begin and take out the part of when I took off his shirt "I freaked out and yelled at him about why he would do that to himself. And before all that, I told him I loved him. He told me he loved me. I yelled some more and left him there" I lastly say in sobs. 

"Honey, it's not you're fault. It's no one's fault" Linda says and hugs me as I cry. "I have something for you" She says and I calm down. She looks through her purse and pulls out an envelope with my name and a heart neatly written on it. "I found letters on Frank's bed when I went over. I didn't read it, don't worry" she says. "Thank you Linda"I say and take the envelope.

"Do you by any chance know who Pete, Patrick or Mikey are?" She asks. "Mikey is my brother and Pete and Patrick are his friends who were also Frank's friends" I say. "Can you give them these?" She asks me and hands me three other envelopes. "Of course" I say. "Thank you Gerard" She says and stands up. 

"I better get going. Harry must be waiting" She says. "Okay" I say "It was nice meeting you Linda" I say. "The pleasure's mine" She says and hugs me. "Take care" Linda says. "You too" I respond and she leaves. 

I look at my hand and see the envelopes. I put mine in my pocket and find Mikey. He's with Pete, Patrick and Ray. "Hey guys" I say. "Where'd you go" Mikey asks and hugs me. "I talked to Frank's mom" I say. "Really?" Mikey asks. I take out their envelopes and hand it to them. "Linda said she found these on Frank's bed when she got to his house" I say with tears. Mikey sobs and Pete and Patrick hug each other while tears also run down their face. 

I walk over to the coffin and Frank lays there looking peaceful. You can see the black eye under the makeup they used to try and cover it. I can't believe his father did this to him. I hold his cold and pale hand. I cry and cry. "Why Frank?" I sob. I reach into my pocket and retrieve a ring. I was going to give it to him when I was going to ask him to be my boyfriend, it is a promise ring.

I slide it onto his finger and stare at him. "Excuse me sir" Someone taps on my shoulder. "Sorry to interrupt, but we have to take him now" The man says. "Of course" I say and look back at Frank. "I love you" I whisper to the corpse and place a kiss on his cold lips which are no longer warm.

I turn and see the church empty. Two guys lift the coffin into the hearse. I turn on my car and follow them to the cemetery. 

They bury the box that contains Frank into the ground and the same guy who tapped on my shoulder at the shoulder pats my back. "I'm sorry about your loss" He says. They walk back to the hearse and drive away. I get into my car and drive to the flower shop and buy roses. I go to the craft shop and buy black paint. I drive home and go into my room. No one's home at the moment. 

I sit on my floor and begin to paint the roses black. As I let them dry, I take out the sketch book I drew Frank in when we were at the coffee shop out and rip out the picture I drew of him. I cry as I see it. I miss him. I place the drawing in a picture frame and place it on my nightstand. 

"I love you Frank" I whisper to it and kiss it. I pick up the dried, newly painted dozen roses and drive back to the cemetery. 

I cried as I typed this. There will be one more chapter :(