An Experiment

7th January, 2018.

Dear Diary,
They told me that all this emotion, or rather, lack of emotion, is all in my head. They told me that there is nothing wrong with me. They told me to put a stop to this attention seeking pretence and live my life as a teenager should. Well, none of their "advice" helped. So I'm going to do what my little sister thinks might help. She told me to keep a diary that will serve as my best friend. A personified object that will know my deepest, darkest secrets, know me inside out. I don't know if this will help, but I promised her I'd try it. So here goes.

My name is Min Yoongi. I am a seventeen year old junior college student who thinks he is suffering from depression. I am going to write in you, my diary, because I think that my little sister might actually have a good idea about curing this thing.

I am the unremarkable second child in a family with four children. My older brother, Jin is the most handsome guy I have ever met. He is also a brilliant student. My younger brother Jungkook is like a fragment of heaven. He is fabulous at everything- singing, dancing, athletics, pop quizzes, you name it. Our baby sister, Yana is the darling of the family, the apple of everyone's eye. We all dote upon her. She is brilliant in her own way too. Then there's me, plain, ordinary, taken for granted. No one special.

Sometimes I try to tell my parents how I feel. That I'd like to be appreciated once in a while. I mean, it's not that they don't love me. They do, and I love them too, but sometimes one needs to be told that they are loved. I suppose that is the reason I cannot properly tell them how I feel. They are my parents. I don't want to seem like the ungrateful or complaining child.

It's funny how adults tend to not take teenagers seriously. I mean, we are going to step into their shoes in a couple of years. Yet they insist on believing that we are always up to no good, and are always doing things that are not right. Do my thoughts even make sense? I don't even know if I can write coherent, meaningful sentences anymore. It's funny because I used to be, in fact, I still am a topper in English language in school.

Let's see how this goes. Signing off for now. I've got to go to sleep. School tomorrow. Ah, I wish I could stay at home and do nothing. Anyway, good night.

Yours doubtfully,
Min Yoongi

A/N: this is my first time writing something that is not cute and fluffy. I wanted to try out a darker theme, and this is the result. I would really appreciate your opinions, dear readers! 💕